First Man (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ruth wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 1:40 pm
is the first moon landing a mystery?
No. But it isn't important to make it cheesy by adding to the moon. Leave a little mystery on the marketing material is much more subtle.

Guess all scenes in space are IMAX, hopefully also some dialogue scenes... Would be pretty neat if the entire third act will be IMAX

Vader182 wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 2:43 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 2:40 pm
i’m not particularly looking forward to seeing 16mm enlarged to 15/70 but i trust chazelle and linus
I'm assuming it's used selectively.

-Vader
yeah, i'm just hoping they didn't decide to film larger scenes with it. 16 is a great format for television and even normal cinemas... but IMAX? ehhh
Nomis wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 2:51 pm
Guess all scenes in space are IMAX, hopefully also some dialogue scenes... Would be pretty neat if the entire third act will be IMAX
read somewhere on Twitter (so probably completely unverified) that it may be less than we hope. like, the opening scenes, and then select ones thereafter. it'll probably be closer to TDK than Interstellar in that regard. remember, this is Chazelle and team's first outing with IMAX

true true... I'd be happy with some 30 minutes of IMAX tbh

Did they finish La La Land in 2K or photochemical btw?

Trailer:

The clip opens not in space but in a decidedly terrestrial setting with Gosling as Armstrong cradling his infant child in his arms and singing a lullaby. With voice-over intoning about “humble beginnings” and “how many rivers we had to cross before we found our way.

Shot in super 16, 2 perf 35mm & 70mm, per Damien. Not the clip mentioned above.

Nomis wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 3:01 pm
true true... I'd be happy with some 30 minutes of IMAX tbh

Did they finish La La Land in 2K or photochemical btw?
2K DI apparently. I hope they went photochemical or finished at 4K with this one.

Rohan wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 3:13 pm
Trailer:

The clip opens not in space but in a decidedly terrestrial setting with Gosling as Armstrong cradling his infant child in his arms and singing a lullaby. With voice-over intoning about “humble beginnings” and “how many rivers we had to cross before we found our way.

That description is of the CinemaCon sizzle. unknown atm if this is the trailer dropping tonight...

antovolk wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 5:11 pm
Rohan wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 3:13 pm
Trailer:

That description is of the CinemaCon sizzle. unknown atm if this is the trailer dropping tonight...
Ah, ok.

How long until Kimmel airs? Need to know if I should stay up for it.

Sanchez wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 6:19 pm
How long until Kimmel airs? Need to know if I should stay up for it.
It's in 2 hours I think.