R.I.P. Carrie Fisher

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RIP Carrie Fisher. :-(

I've been shocked since the news last week.

My condolences to the family most of all.

seems especially surprising how this all happened considering how she had to get back into shape for the new trilogy

also I know this is too soon to speculate, but I imagine it'll be surreal to see her again next year in Ep 8, especially if her character dies

RIP

Rest easy Carrie. A life well lived with intelligence and wit many of us could only dream to have.

George comes up to me the first day of filming and he takes one look at the dress and says, "You can't wear a bra under that dress."
So, I say, "Okay, I'll bite. Why?"
And he says, "Because. . . there's no underwear in space." and he says it with such conviction too! Like he had been to space and looked around and he didn’t see any bras or panties or briefs anywhere.
What happens is you go to space and you become weightless. So far so good, right? But then your body expands??? But your bra doesn't—so you get strangled by your own bra.
Now I think that this would make for a fantastic obit—so I tell my younger friends that no matter how I go, I want it reported that I drowned in moonlight, strangled by my own bra.
From her book

Still feel miserable over this.

RIP

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... italized/?
Just a day after Carrie Fisher died, her mother Debbie Reynolds has reportedly been hospitalized with “a possible stroke.”
According to a report on TMZ, the 84-year-old Ms. Reynolds was rushed to the hospital from the Beverly Hills home of son Todd Fisher around 1 p.m. PST. She was reportedly at the home to discuss funeral plans for Ms. Fisher.
TMZ reported, citing “family sources” that Ms. Reynolds, the star of musical films from “Singin in the Rain” to “The Singing Nun,” was taken by ambulance for “a possible stroke.”
Ms. Reynolds has been “distraught since Carrie’s emergency Friday on a United jet,” during which the “Star Wars” actress suffered a heart attack and never regained consciousness, TMZ reported.
2016 just won't fucking stop. Hasn't this family gone through enough already?

Unlike her daghter who was the first to go, she is the last member of the great trio.£

Master Virgo wrote:Image

Unlike her daghter who was the first to go, she is the last member of the great trio.£
Yeah it's amazing how many people don't know who Debbie Reynolds is. I've had this conversation about 5 times now

"You know Singin in the Rain?"
"Yeah."
"Her."
"Shit, really?"

I'll always know her as the grandma from the Halloween town movies.

Cilogy wrote:I'll always know her as the grandma from the Halloween town movies.