VilleneuveFans.com

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Denis has the potential for that audience. Maybe he doesn't have now that much of an audience but he will in 12 months.

Hence why I said that with proper support and dedication the site should be able to sustain itself pretty well in 10-12 months. Of course, Blade Runner 2 is a major factor here. But this is why you need a website built 6 months prior to Blade Runner hitting the theaters because you need to steal potential upcoming competition (part of those BR/Dune fanboys need a place).

People will look for BR director and see a website for him (given you have a very strong SEO). Then they'll see that it's pretty active, has content, and it's not something made over night. It's very important to not give the impression that you're doing this "for money" or for the sake of jumping a bandwagon.

You also need to start smaller. NolanFans didn't have such an expanded forum in the beginning either. So limit at first stuff to Denis and Movies in general. Other sections will be brought to life in the future at the request of the board.

The idea is not to start when somebody already has an audience. The idea is to have a vision of what that audience will be like and start early. You don't start a business in a boomin' medium, you should have a vision of how and when will that medium boom.

but nf >>>>>>>> vf fo sure :gonf:

RIFA said it nicely.

Cil, how about creating a tech/crew section to discuss equipments like camera, lenses, audio gear etc. instead of lounge section?

It might result in snobby and serious userbase of instead of NF's shenaniganners tho.

Cilogy, don't disappoint us. You'll have our support that is evident. ;)

fuck this is more intimidating than I imagined

it's gonna take a long-ass time for the site to reach NF levels of traffic and activity, so like RIFA suggested the "forum" section would likely be tiny, and I like Pratham's idea of a technical section as well

Meanwhile, MyCocaine and I don't know how to transfer the domain to me

so I feel like I'm going into this comically unprepared lol

Cilogy wrote:fuck this is more intimidating than I imagined

it's gonna take a long-ass time for the site to reach NF levels of traffic and activity, so like RIFA suggested the "forum" section would likely be tiny, and I like Pratham's idea of a technical section as well

Trump's dumbass is going into the presidency unprepared. You can do this. I believe in you.

You could start backwards with Twitter/Facebook while you figure this out. That's what anton did with Trailer Track.

Chrolan wrote:

You could start backwards with Twitter/Facebook while you figure this out. That's what anton did with Trailer Track.
Yeah do that and the rest can come afterwards. The domain is already registered anyways, you can just put up a temporary page/site or w/e in the mean time.

can i be mod