VilleneuveFans.com

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote:Interesting that no one here has ever thought about making QTFans, FincherFans, CoensFans or PTAFans. I mean Nolan is making films for two decades now, some of his films are immensely popular around the world and is also a cinefile darling. Yet after 8 years we have about what 40 active members? How many do you hope to get with Villeneuve really?£

Master Virgo wrote: I mean Nolan is making films for two decades now, some of his films are immensely popular around the world and is also a cinefile darling. Yet after 8 years we have about what 40 active members?£
it's probably less than that lol

What's the deal with the Coens one? Why it has only one member? I don't know the only one with a worthy forum is the first one.£

They probably never expanded with the forum or it has been sent to the bin.

Anyway, that's why nobody thought of making one because there are already sites out there and blogs dedicated to these directors. When Nolanfans was made there was pretty much nothing about Nolan out and it came at a pretty great time.

The addition of a forum is irrelevant as people can talk about their fav directors on other message boards too. Not to mention you do have reddit now.

So if you're going to make a DirectorFans.com then you need to make sure NOTHING is out there for your guy that's even remotely close of being popular and you also need to make sure you're creating an incentive for people to subscribe to your website and then even join your message boards. Which means you need to attract them through design first (nobody likes shitty webpages so you need a clean look), content (updated content... preferably always aim to be the first with the news as well as offering exclusive stuff), and then you need to provide a message board that invites to discussion. You need to challenge your clients with hot short topics that are good for sparking debates.

Because of that it's hard for example to compete with cigsandredvines and make a PTAfans because... you have to deal with a super popular website in the first place. Then you have to deal with the content. And only after that, if you manage to survive while winning, only then you can think of opening up a message board for people to talk. Otherwise they're better off using reddit/imdb boards.

For example Nolanfans could be improved a lot in terms of creating a better synergy between the part of the website that deals strictly with content and it's community that rests on this message board. There is room for a more user friendly experience and integration of new age tools. The thing is what I'm thinking of requires another investment from him both in terms of finances and time, which is completely unnecessary at this point given that the site is in a good spot. I'm sure if the site continues to grow and stay healthy then a 3.0 Nolanfans version would be in consideration but now it's not the time.

What's interesting to me about Nolanfans and this is pure speculation because I don't know the metrics but... it seems we're more of a movie community website in general than necessarily a platform for nolan fans. It seems most of the discussion occurs in the entertainment section of the forum where we're talking about pretty much every piece of film news that comes out. It's like most of the community found something of worth here, remained and adapted which is very crucial for this site's longevity because most don't manage to do that. When they hit a drop as significant as the one from TDKR to Interstellar... most websites would crumble. Yet the community here remained strong enough which is a rare case of success and maybe luck.

It would be fun if Teddy would provide some insight into the website's history one day. Maybe when Nolanfans celebrates 10 years.

RIFA wrote: It would be fun if Teddy would provide some insight into the website's history one day. Maybe when Nolanfans celebrates 10 years.

holy shit only two years until it's 10 years old

what the fuck are we doing here

Cilogy wrote:holy shit only two years until it's 10 years old

6 years ftw! :gonf:

Cilogy wrote:holy shit only two years until it's 10 years old

So have you so called VilleneuveFans seen all his work yet?

If not, get down on it, get down on it

get down on it, get down on it, come on now

get down on it