⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ghostbusters did a lot better than BR2049 is going to do domestically. It could have done worse going with all men or all white men in 2016. It could have been Pixels.

Blade Runner 2049 is a sequel and people who haven’t seen the original (which is a pain in the ass to find a way to watch), obviously would be hesitant to go see it.

Dune isn’t a sequel. If it’s marketed properly and rated PG-13 it can make decent money. Sci-Fi is tough these days but it’s not dead-on-arrival.

Villeneuve works rather fast, I hope we hear soon if this will be his next film or if it's something else. Still have to read the book though lol

I want him to do this next, and with Deakins.

Dune will also flop. I have a feeling Denis will walk if or when the studio decides to make changes to the script.

m4st4 wrote:I want him to do this next, and with Deakins.
I want him to do me next, and then The Son, both with Deakins.

m4st4 wrote:I want him to do this next, and with Deakins.
Villeneuve/Deakins combo is so fucking good. Loved it that 2049 was shot and finished in 4K. It looked fantastic in Ultra Laser.

I think several Oscar noms/wins are going to help to get this rolling don't you think? If he does this then that means three sci-fi's in a row lol

Villeneuve well at work with this and not Bond 25:
“The thing is I don’t now about that, but listen,” Villeneuve says. “Daniel Craig is a very inspiring actor and I had some contact and the thing is that I’m busy right now doing ‘Dune.’ But, I will say to have the privilege to work with him it would be a dream. I would love to work with Daniel and a Bond movie for me would be a treat. It’s a matter of timing, I guess.”
I've started reading the book. It's so dense so far but I know I'm slowly falling in love with it.

I think Timothée Chalamet could be a great choice for Paul Atréides.

anikom15 wrote: Dune isn’t a sequel. If it’s marketed properly and rated PG-13 it can make decent money. Sci-Fi is tough these days but it’s not dead-on-arrival.
observing and acknowledging this pun