⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 6:05 pm
If you had to choose one 2020 movie to watch in cinema and one to watch only on blu ray. Tenet vs Dune...which would you choose and why? Saw this on twitter lol.
I'd personally see Tenet because I could see it in IMAX 70mm

Allstar wrote:
If you had to choose one 2020 movie to watch in cinema and one to watch only on blu ray. Tenet vs Dune...which would you choose and why? Saw this on twitter lol.
God don't like ugly.

Allstar wrote:
That's fucked lol, especially since we haven't seen any footage from either film.
But still Tenet cuz I'm always Team Nolan, ride or die. :gonf:
Also, what Bacon said about 70mm IMAX.

Obviously we don’t know much about Tenet, yes it’s huge budget...but it’s kind of hard to imagine it being more epic in scale and narrative than Dune? That’s what makes this hypothetical tricky.

Allstar wrote:
I like those sort of questions, it’s fun and I do it all the time in my household. And luckily, we can still see both irl.

Dune, easily.

Allstar wrote:
It very well might change when we see the first trailers and get to learn more about Nolan's next project but right now it would be Tenet. I just trust Nolan more than Villeneuve to deliver a more enjoyable spectacle.

I will split myself in half to watch them both on the biggest screen possible.

So I have never read the book. I have seen the David Finch version and I had a hard time sitting through that. So what is the central action piece in here that would be cinematic and on par with Star Wars or can it even compete with Star Wars? Based on the book so what movie(s) come close to it aesthetically? Jupiter Ascending?

LEXX wrote:
July 11th, 2019, 1:46 pm
So I have never read the book. I have seen the David Finch version and I had a hard time sitting through that. So what is the central action piece in here that would be cinematic and on par with Star Wars or can it even compete with Star Wars? Based on the book so what movie(s) come close to it aesthetically? Jupiter Ascending?
Aesthetically? Star Wars 1977 and Blade Runner 2049.

Fincher's Dune doesn't look anything like BR or Star Wars maybe except for the sand dune. I'm just having a difficult time of visualizing Dune since we mostly think of Fincher's version. The concept arts for Dune on Google are all over the places from John Carter to Goth like to victiorian like science fantasy to steam punk and movie like The Chronicles of Riddick. We are a week of finding out so I'm just worried about this project but I trust Denis. So Dune is more of a sci-fi fantasy rather than a hard core sci-fi?