⊃∪∩⪽ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 1:26 pm
what doesn't work for you with 2049 Durden ^

-Vader
Just feels cold. Style over substance. Almost formulaic with the revolution bits. I don't dislike it by any means. I watch it and the world building is amazing with some of Deakins best work then I leave the theater and its out of my mind. Seen it four times in theaters and never really stuck with me.

I have heard Dunes plot may be thin as well?

For me, BR2049 is his only film that truly works in the vein of his ambitious worldbuilding coupled with a mysterious plot (that he’s done with films like Incendies, Prisoners and Arrival). Typically he has a habit of wrapping things up way too neatly that it massively undercuts everything set up before and while BR2049 is simplified in its narrative in the third act, it honors and resonates with everything set up before which I can’t say for those other works.

Durden wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 1:39 pm
Vader182 wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 1:26 pm
what doesn't work for you with 2049 Durden ^

-Vader
Just feels cold. Style over substance. Almost formulaic with the revolution bits. I don't dislike it by any means. I watch it and the world building is amazing with some of Deakins best work then I leave the theater and its out of my mind. Seen it four times in theaters and never really stuck with me.

I have heard Dunes plot may be thin as well?
I don't think so, but then I don't think 2049 is thin either. Mileage varies, I suppose. Dune is a slow burn with massive amounts of world building and lore and political intrigue. It's more like Game of Thrones in space than Blade Runner.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 1:44 pm
It's more like Game of Thrones in space than Blade Runner.

-Vader
This is what I am hoping for. Really dug Frasers work in ZD30 and hope he brings a unique and cold look to this. The trailer was quite flat like you mentioned.

Also I know I am in the minority on 2049. I wish I connected to it like others.

Forum Pro
tim_p wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 3:52 pm
Nomis wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 5:12 am
Fingers crossed a special someone can bless us with a 4K link somewhere down the line ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Blessings be upon you

https://thedigitaltheater.com/forums/to ... s-trailer/
Thanks.
That would be all for the rest od 2020.
𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒕. 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕 𝑱𝒂𝒘𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒎𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒍.
- 𝑫𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒔 𝑽𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒖𝒗𝒆

I will admit this much: watching this in 4K on my 75'' Vizio P Series was a dramatic improvement. That said, I still object to the dim look for so many of the character shots.

Girlfriend made a crack Paul looks like the lead of a Tim Burton movie in most of his shots. She aint wrong. I very much hope they get a more refined grade by December
lol December 2021

-Vader

Forum Pro
I don't even understand the movie slate for 2021. What is even scheduled rn. 😣
𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒕. 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕 𝑱𝒂𝒘𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒎𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒐𝒐𝒍.
- 𝑫𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒔 𝑽𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒖𝒗𝒆

The future is shrouded in mystery

Forum Pro
Just saw the 2.4GB 4K file... Damn. Absolutely gorgeous.
- 𝑫𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒔 𝑽𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒖𝒗𝒆