⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 6:38 pm
despite reading the book, I think I'll only watch the teaser on this one. who's with me?

-Vader
Not me lol.

On another note, prediction: I honestly think this will be way more accessible to general audience than Blade Runner 2049 and see it getting a BP nomination.

I hope this makes good money, so Villeneuve can have a blank check to do what he wants going forward like Nolan. He can't have another that loses money like BR 2049

I'm not sure how a general audience will respond to a massively violent civilization that's basically middle eastern in nature, tbh.

-Vader

Uh... I don't know man. I truly hope so. Ever since LOTR I'm hoping for that next big thing, even though this is a hard SF that gets pretty far away from mainstream with each book, Villeneuve deserves his first huge commercial hit! Not worried about the quality since guy never disappointed me so far.

Edit: Vader, one can hope they will react just like they did to a violent murderous sociopath in The Joker? But yeah... Not convinced either. Yet. Need to see the marketing approach first.

Vader182 wrote:
despite reading the book, I think I'll only watch the teaser on this one. who's with me?

-Vader
🙋🏻‍♂️

Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Oof, I really want to only watch the teaser trailer and then transcend to heaven when the movie starts in December but I'm beyond hype. I'm next level hype, so I fear I won't be able to hold on to that.

When it comes to that, I think the best case scenario for me actually would be a teaser trailer at SDCC because then the chances of me marinating on the teaser trailer for six months only instead of nine if it will in fact be attached to NTTD, would be more sustaining.

also lol

I finished re-reading Dune and will proceed with Messiah/Children soon.

YT channel Quinn's Ideas is highly recommended for anyone interested in Herbert's intricately built world.

Y’all really think this could be good?

kamarozy wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 1:08 pm
just like arrival and sicario and prisoners and incendies and 2049 it'll suck

-Vader

kamarozy wrote:
March 3rd, 2020, 1:08 pm
Why on earth would anyone think a director with consistency of quality and vision a la Nolan, Fincher etc. would deliver another great movie? :think: