⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I wish it wasn't taking The Batman's place since The Batman coming out in October is such a genius move.

Maybe they need more time to film. Pattinson having COVID did shut them down for a bit.

The problem started years ago when these movies budgets ballooned to $200-300 million plus. So now with these inflated budgets, these movies need to make SO much more money to see a return on their investment. Consequently, there’s this weird back and fourth between the theatres who are struggling because they need new content to show audiences, and the studios who’s movies are now too big too fail, that they’re too scared to put them out. I believe if the mid budget level movie still existed studios would be more willing to release them because the pressure to make a gazillion dollars lessens drastically. But those movies are gone now so we’re left with this cluster f**k

Tarssauce wrote:
October 5th, 2020, 5:11 pm
But why October? That’s an entire fucking year...
this year we'll make enough on the harvest that i can hire some more hands and then you can go to the academy next year

Tarssauce wrote:
I mean I’m not as hyped about it as I was with Tenet so it’s fine but still!
One of our renowned scientists/virologists said this might be a 2-5 year marathon, don't expect things to get better any time soon.

As for Batman, they're still shooting, bleeding money and I'm sure during covid any setback has at least three more stacked up. They're planning ahead.

My prediction is that a good chunk of movies will simply start accepting the new reality in six months or so: streaming.

m4st4 wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 10:09 pm
Tarssauce wrote:
One of our renowned scientists/virologists said this might be a 2-5 year marathon, don't expect things to get better any time soon.

As for Batman, they're still shooting, bleeding money and I'm sure during covid any setback has at least three more stacked up. They're planning ahead.

My prediction is that a good chunk of movies will simply start accepting the new reality in six months or so: streaming.
Streaming doesn't work for big budget, as shown with Mulan's numbers. Except if you dont care about losing money because you never communicate about your loss, like Netflix with The Irishman.
For the moment, mid-budget films are also moved, like Death on the Nile or The French Dispatch. I wish Disney would at least release these.

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 12:05 am
Tarssauce wrote:
this year we'll make enough on the harvest that i can hire some more hands and then you can go to the academy next year
i love you

-Vader

Demoph wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 2:50 am
m4st4 wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 10:09 pm
Tarssauce wrote:

Streaming doesn't work for big budget, as shown with Mulan's numbers. Except if you dont care about losing money because you never communicate about your loss, like Netflix with The Irishman.
For the moment, mid-budget films are also moved, like Death on the Nile or The French Dispatch. I wish Disney would at least release these.
The great shift is coming. Mid-range, TV productions and indies will continue while big tentpoles will wait a bit longer. What's already done will have to manage however they can.

Vader182 wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 4:24 am
Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 12:05 am
Tarssauce wrote:
i love you

-Vader
i know