⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It's pandemic though.

Since the re-release of Inception got pushed back two weeks, I think either online Comic-Con, weekend of July 22 or July 31st, when they're planning to release Inception, will be our best chance at the teaser trailer. Otherwise attached to Tenet... If they don't postpone it again, which imo is very likely.

A few pics with Comic-Con would be nice tho

I decided to read the book - for the first time - before seeing the film, and I'm around 65% in. I have to say, I'm looking more and more forward to this adaptation, and the cast seems perfect. (I don't think the cast itself is proof of a film's potential quality, but under the right direction the cast of Dune could become the stuff of legends)

And I'm just so eager to finish this, I'm very curious about how the story will go! I almost can't wait to find out.

Thanks for sharing that mate, I'll definitely give it a listen today. I hope Denis will give some update on Dune.
Though I believe the film will be pushed back to 2021 :(. Apparently Tenet will be pushed back again.

Team Deakins podcast is amazing. Loved the episode with Sam Mendes. :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:

From the podcast, Villeneuve on Deakins' influence on him:

When I am working with you, I’m going to be in a position where I’m going to learn about filmmaking every day. I’m in a learning process working with you. It’s very rewarding and exciting. Right now I am doing VFX on ⊃∪∩⪽, and I found myself talking about light and asking for things and I’m like, “I know it’s Roger”… I realize how much sometimes the amount of things I’ve learned from you. I’m not saying you’ll agree with me when you see the thing, but I just know of sensibilities that I strongly increased being with you and working on Blade Runner. It was a formative experience. To design the movie from the storyboards until the very end by your side, it’s insane the amount of things I learned.
I love that their collaborations, especially when it comes to 2049, have been so incredibly fruitful.

As for Villeneuve making something smaller in scale after ⊃∪∩⪽, would be lovely if he'd reunite with Deakins again.

I always thought they'd dive right back into the second half of ⊃∪∩⪽ but it makes sense Villeneuve wants to scale it back and giving the current circumstances maybe the majority has to get back to more smaller scale filmmaking. Like with Malcom & Marie, if you read the precautions they took it makes sense to really scale it down.

As for the sequel to this film
it'll more than likely be more than two years between the having shot this one and when they start with the sequel, may we get it, but the story still warrants a time jump.

Lmao

So that's why they didn't work together on ⊃∪∩⪽