⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Just finished reading the novel! Really, really liked it, and was imagining the Villeneuve-cast all the way through - it made it even more exciting. Love this world, love the characters, love the story.

I was flipping through the earlier pages of these forums, and some were speculating where the first film would end. Regarding this:
I didn't see anyone mention, but I thought that Paul and Jessica flying into the storm would be a great ending. There are several possibilities, but I'm also thinking about the amount of things happening before and after that - to me it felt like kind of a "middle point". If I place the ending anywhere later in the story, I just feel that the first movie could end up being quite dense.

Also, once they enter the storm, they pretty much leave their previous lives behind - this is the other reason I believe it to be a great ending.
Also: did they ever announce the casting choice for Feyd-Reutha?
Or does this mean he doesn't appear in the first film at all? I think there's an early chapter in the book where he makes an appearence, being present at a meeting with the Baron and Piter.

Also also... in the past few days I was constantly thinking about the film, and it seems like the cast is literally perfect. And I love how diverse it is - looking at the cast of the Lynch-version, they are all so white :D And it just doesn't make sense, as the whole novel is so obviously inspired by the Islamic world, the language, the people, the location, the customs... and the Villeneuve cast features, finally, people of different ethnicities, especially among the Fremen. It's such an obvious thing to do, but it seems like Villeneuve is the first one to pick up on that "clue" from the novel.

I'm getting more and more obsessed with this whole story and the upcoming movie by the day :D Can't wait to see the first teaser or trailer...

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 17th, 2020, 8:29 am
Just finished reading the novel! Really, really liked it, and was imagining the Villeneuve-cast all the way through - it made it even more exciting. Love this world, love the characters, love the story.

I was flipping through the earlier pages of these forums, and some were speculating where the first film would end. Regarding this:
I didn't see anyone mention, but I thought that Paul and Jessica flying into the storm would be a great ending. There are several possibilities, but I'm also thinking about the amount of things happening before and after that - to me it felt like kind of a "middle point". If I place the ending anywhere later in the story, I just feel that the first movie could end up being quite dense.

Also, once they enter the storm, they pretty much leave their previous lives behind - this is the other reason I believe it to be a great ending.
Also: did they ever announce the casting choice for Feyd-Reutha?
Or does this mean he doesn't appear in the first film at all? I think there's an early chapter in the book where he makes an appearence, being present at a meeting with the Baron and Piter.
Glad you loved it! Are you diving into the sequels right away?

As for the possible ending:
If the film would end with Paul and Jessica flying into the storm then they won't get to meet the Fremen like Chani and Jamis in the first film, who are in the cast, and honestly it would not make sense to end the film there. It's an open ending with a whole lot left to be resolved in a sequel. There's a logical place in the book where there is a two year time jump. I think we can be pretty sure that's where they end the film. Fraser said it feels like it can stand on it's own, so ending it with flying into the storm just doesn't make any sense.
What ending apparently was in the leaked script, if real:
The film would end with Paul and Jessica being accepted into the lives of the Fremen and they attack an Harkonnen Imperial outpost or something. Probably to make his name as Muad'Dib known to them
As for Feyd-Rautha, they have not cast him yet and probably reserve him for the sequel just as with the Emperor and Irulan.
His part in the book is not that big in the first half of the story and imo he's just a really hyped up character but I'm not that interested in Feyd as a character. It looks like they give Beast Rabban a larger role in the first and possibly second film too.
As for the Emperor and Irulan:
Since they likely end the film 2/3s into the book they sort of have half the book filmed because they move several characters over to the sequel, such as the three characters I mentioned. So while it seems there may not be a whole lot of story to cover in the sequel, there surely is. Not to forget that Frank usually writes spectacular action in a relatively short amount of pages. Such as the battle at Arrakeen at the end of the book. I think that part will take up a chunk of the sequels third act.

oh pls pls pls release it online (possible 4K, antovolk?)

also, Zendaya got an Emmy nomination for her work in Euphoria

Please god please god oh please...

The cure for covid is here.

Can't wait for the trailer !

FML.

After reading the book, I'm a million times more excited for this. Bring it on!!

Dune interviews starting?