⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Still need to see this - and I will soon, but I'm kind of shocked by how many people I know are not connecting with this

Forum Pro
Law
I know very little about this world, but I quite enjoyed it. Unfortunately had to watch it on my television, but I'm not opposed to seeing it again in the theater. I dug a lot of the flashbacks and really connected with Jamis, Babs Olusanmokun has a really strong screen presence. I don't want to get too far into the spoiler territory, but .. and spoilers..
I was surprised that all the main characters died.

I imagine there will be a sequel, which I'm in for. The Freman tribe were the best part of the movie. Lastly, who narrated the books? I can recognize the voice but can't pinpoint it.

Bacon wrote:
October 22nd, 2021, 9:24 pm
Still need to see this - and I will soon, but I'm kind of shocked by how many people I know are not connecting with this
Strange.
Many of my friends and family members, that loved the book, really liked this movie.

The movie is good!

watched it in the best IMAX theater here and frankly, not a fan.

maybe i need a second viewing...

poplar wrote:
October 23rd, 2021, 8:29 am
Bacon wrote:
October 22nd, 2021, 9:24 pm
Strange.
Many of my friends and family members, that loved the book, really liked this movie.
I think that's what the difference is. All of my friends that haven't connected to it have never read the book and have no context of the story or where it will go next. I'm in that same boat, but we'll see how I feel when I watch it in a few days.

I haven't read the book and loved the film regardless

Ok...I'll be one of those people.

I did not enjoy this one bit. I found it to be endlessly boring.

And I very much wanted to like this movie for so many reasons.

Yeah, count me in the group that was underwhelmed....it was fine enough, cool production values, I'll watch part two....but found the characters lacking, especially with the great cast and was really tired of all the visions/dreams of Paul's we kept getting...