⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Well said.
The shot of Lady Jessica dressed in black waiting for their arrival is so haunting. The Bene Gesserit reminds me of Madonna's Frozen music video. Something I haven't personally seen done in a big blockbuster movie.

Charlotte Rampling was brilliant. "Goodbye, young human. I hope you live." I actually didn't recognize her (although I've only seen her in interviews).

The other Bene Gesserit who was sent with the herald of the change was also menacing without saying a single word. Just the looks she gave Jessica and Paul were frightening. Then comes the costumes. There's is something religious about the way they look. And that mesh vail The Reverend Mother was wearing is stunning. Definitely looking forward for the TV show now.

The scene with the Baron was great too. Adding sub bass to the dialogue whenever they used the voice was also genius.

wholeheartedly happy about the box office news :twothumbsup:

deserves every penny it makes

Just walked out of my third viewing - in Dolby Cinema this time. The screen is not as big as IMAX but my God it was beautiful. The sound was loud without losing clarity all. And the image quality was great as well.

I think it’s safe to say this movie has snatched BR2049’s place as my favorite DV film. It’s like nothing I’ve seen before. Politics, religion, economics and family among other things.

It’s funny I saw it in two different countries and both countries censored different bits. Today I can say I’ve seen it all lol.
Bahrain censored the mention of Almahdi - Almahdi in Islam is a controversial figure Shias believe he’ll come and Sunnis don’t.

Saudi Arabia kept Almahdi in but cut the shots of naked Oscar Isaac.

Why on earth would you cut anything from a film
Specifically Oscars body I mean damn

Censorship is so dumb!
They can’t handle the hotness of Oscar Isaac. Thank you, Denis for blessing our eyes.
By the way, I obsessed with Dune and I really want to read the book but I also don’t want to spoil part two. WB better green light the sequel soon.

My mom is a hardcore fan of an first book, and she's worried about too much actions scenes and a blockbuster take (she was a bit dissapointed with a trailer, cause of that) and lack of depth from book.
For those who have seen, will she be satisfied with Villeuneve version?

So happy that the movie is doing so well, what Villeneuve has done is really very impressive, he deserves it!
I think it would not be unwise to think that the second part is already official.
I hope very much that he will be able to make the trilogy he wants.

Denis Villeneuve Gave ‘Dune’ Writer Mandatory Goal: Focus on the Women Characters

“For me, it was important to bring more femininity to the story,” Villeneuve said. “I am fascinated by the relationship of femininity and power, the place of women in society.”

“[Screenwriter] Eric Roth said, ‘If you had one aspect of the novel you would like me to focus on, what would it be?’ I said, ‘The women,'” Villeneuve continued. “The entire story unfolds because of
Lady Jessica, because of a decision she made to give birth to Paul instead of a girl [via a breeding programme].
She’s a fascinating character, one of the most influential and most interesting in the novel.”