⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
How do you say )U∩C out loud?

Been trying to talk to my friends about this movie, but I haven't figured out how to say the name

⊃∪∩⊂⩀⊂⊂∣∩⊙

Bacon wrote:
September 20th, 2021, 11:10 pm

Been trying to talk to my friends about this movie, but I haven't figured out how to say the name

Nomis wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 5:50 am
Bacon wrote:
September 20th, 2021, 11:10 pm

Instinct. Got it.

Watched dune today!!!!
Positives: 1.technically nearly perfect
2.zimmer( ofcourse)
3.Slow pace really helped worldbuilding
4.rebeca fergusson was mvp for me
5. Easy to get into dune for newcomers( for example i had no idea who was who, and which house they belong in game of thrones first few episodes,but here as i said way easier to get)
Negatives: 1. Third act( i know … i know this is just part 1 of two part film…but still was underwhelmed how it ended)
2.action is not villeneuves strong suit
3. Timothey chalament was just ok protagonist
Overal: i still liked it very much 8/10

Can someone translate this box office news? Is this good?

making big bucks and thats goooooooooooooooooooooooood

Saw it twice yesterday.

Masterpiece. I knew nothing about Dune and I was so amazed by it, I couldn’t stop thinking about it and just gushing over the brilliance of it.

So many things to talk about but my favorite thing about Dune was the
“Bene Gesserit”
. Menacing, sinister and elegant at the same time. I had idea there would be
cosmic witches
in this.

The atmosphere, acting, costumes, production design, sound editing/mixing and score are all great.

Hans Zimmer… hearing those thundering drums in IMAX as the logos played out was worth the admission price.

The cinematography was great too. I actually watched the first trailer in 4K recently, now that I have a 4K monitor, and it looked great. You got to see trailers in high quality to make a correct judgment. Looked great in IMAX. Some scenes at the end were a little too dim for my taste though. Loved the grain too.

glad you liked it!!

As for the Bene Gesserit
The way Villeneuve manages to convey so much mystery around them, order amongst them and just really settle them in is just so well done. I loved the framing when they arrived on Caladan, the Gom Jabbar scene and the scene in which they left the planet. Just outstanding. Its just so cool to see a female order done like this. Its usually old men, wizards, who convey just a mysticism well. I mean, its been done well before. Look at LOTR, Harry Potter. But now it really feels like this Sisterhood gets the adaptation they deserve. I mean, the spaceship in the shape of an egg, the Bene Gesserit theme, the costumes reminded me of Orthodox priests and man, Ferguson and Rampling are like the only Bene Gesserit with speaking roles but they did it so damn well. Rampling was a pure scene stealer.