⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
DHOPW42 wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 7:41 am
Nomis wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 7:18 am
Opening weekend poised for $20M+ early Offshore Debut; Only The Beginning As Global Rollout Starts

I saw this yesterday in a sold out (yes at 75% capacity because pandemic) huge theater. It was everything I hoped it to be and more. It's a fantastic emotional experience from beginning till end. Villeneuve captures the essence of the story and characters, whom are portrayed wonderfully by the perfectly cast actors. Ferguson delivers a career best. The film is both a very direct adaptation as it makes the film more grounded and relatable than it might seem at first. I had goosebumps multiple times during the film. The accuracy of scenes depicted in the book and seeing them on screen. The nuance there is when you think of the inner monologues of the characters in the book is portrayed so well with lingering shots on the actors faces. The world of ⊃∪∩⪽ feels lived in, real, raw and truly an otherworldly experience. The descriptions of what the light is like on Arrakis are taken to heart on screen. There were scenes of the book I never thought to see on screen. Villeneuve follows Paul very closely throughout the story and it works incredibly well. Character development never gets sidelined amidst the truly stunning visuals.

I absolutely loved it, all of Villeneuves previous work led to this and I've seen a master at the peak of his game. I desperately need a Part II. Even though they covered a lot of the first book there's still so much more of the book to be seen in a second film. Not just because a couple of characters have been omitted (one of them only mentioned) to make their introduction in the second film, but several moments require more depth and a longer amount of time spending with them. The two and a half hours of ⊃∪∩⪽ flew by, I really didn't have the feeling I was watching a long film. Its just ten to fifteen minutes shorter than 2049 mind you! I cannot wait to see the film again and again. Theres so much to be seen, so many intricate details and wonderful moments of the book on screen. If you have the chance, check this out in the biggest theater you can find, its incredible.
Sounds great! Can you elaborate on which character/characters are omitted? With spoiler tags, of course.
No one has really been left out. Its just that they moved a couple of characters to the second film. Which only makes sense. Which are
the Emperor, Irulan and Feyd-Rautha. The Fenrings might still be in the second film but I have a feeling that if they omit any characters, it'll be those two.

SINCEPTION wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 11:54 am
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
September 15th, 2021, 5:10 pm
I wish I could be excited for this but I can’t get excited for. Didn’t care for blade runner 49. Don’t care about the source material. But it looks at least like a blockbuster. I hope you all enjoy it
Why bother even to write this then?🤔
Just wishing a best time for everyone

Exceeding expectations, which predicted around $20 million opening.

Film is set to be released in China on October 22nd.

I just saw Dune.
and...

OMG
OMG
OMG
!!!

Saw it on Friday, and will see it again next weekend. One of the best movies that came out of this century hands down 🥵

"The Denis Villeneuve-directed sci-fi epic was the top movie overseas this weekend, coming in with No. 1s in virtually all openings. In like–for-likes and at today’s rates, Dune is tracking 4% ahead of Tenet, 33% ahead of Black Widow, 52% ahead of Blade Runner 2049, 58% above Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings and 80% ahead of Godzilla Vs Kong."

From: https://deadline.com/2021/09/dune-openi ... 234839288/

Between over-performing (modestly) in Europe to the October 22nd China release, where sci-fi spectacles regularly rake in 60 million or more even if they flop stateside. I'll add, Legendary is owned by Wanda Group, the company that owns many of China's theaters, essentially promising a big marketing blitz and a lot of screens. That's very good news. Even if it slumps in the U.S. it can still get a sequel.

Dune's in a better position for a sequel than most imagined it could be.The box office must flow...

-Vader

What an incredible experience it was, a truly great, adventurous and profound film made with respect and love by one of our most talented filmmakers of the moment.
Everything is told with such fluidity, such respect for Herbert's work and his universe, his characters (I literally saw again the key passages of the novel crossing the film), once the bases are laid, Denis lets loose and it's an incredible ride!!

That's what a great blockbuster need to be, Denis transports us into a world, into his world with a true creative, artistic and aesthetic sense, and the spiritual and poetical dimension of his cinema, while keeping his entertaining and impacting force to take us into his film.

Incredible, and for pity's sake, let's give him the means to make the second part at all costs, we feel that his great project of heart, don't deprive him of it.

I already want to dive back into it to better understand the richness and depth of the work.

Denis had already slapped me in the face with Arrival and Blade Runner 2049(and the rest of his films), and well he continues.

Really happy it made such a splash and its still set to be released in so many countries!

Also if anyone has the alphabet in this typo ⊃∪∩⪽ then I can add "part one" in style to the title thread :angel: the one who supplies it grants eternal glory of course

Also, m4st4 wherever you are: the film is incredible hope you like it

⊃∪∩⪽: ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵

It's unicode
Last edited by Nistopher Colon on September 20th, 2021, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm fucking dying

hahahhaha

incredible

eternal glory for colon