⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Batfan175 wrote:
July 19th, 2021, 2:25 pm
Man, for a sci-fi epic set on worlds full of imaginative ideas and concepts this sure looks lifeless and dull in terms of the colour palette. That's really the best they could do? Just film it in black and white already. We know you want to, Villeneuve.
As someone who read the book for the first time a year ago and immediately fell in love with it, I really like the posters. They are... character posters, and I enjoy looking at them. I don't care for the color palette at all, or anything like that.

I am happy to see the characters in their movie form, and that's it. Also, full of imaginative ideas and concepts, yeah, but even while reading the book I reaaaally, really got a very dull visual imagery in my mind. People go on an on about the Jodorowsky version and its Pink Floydesque concept art, but I honestly didn't feel any of that vibe while reading the book.

It's pretty down to earth in my mind, its world is vast and rarely exciting on a visual level. I mean, the bland vastness of it is what makes it a very intimidating piece of work. Even as the story progressed, I never once read anything that felt fantastic or over-the-top on a visual level. It always felt really, really down to earth. After all, it is almost like a sci-fi epic set in the Middle East (I hope this is not too controversial).

Why couldn't anyone who's not Greig Fraser shoot this?

hush my child

I’m so torn. The trailer grew on me a lot. Some shots are undeniably gorgeous yet I’m still not a fan of Fraser’s dimly lit, underexposed and flat look in some shots. But hey, maybe it’ll make sense on an IMAX screen.

Speaking of IMAX… I’m beyond envious of anyone who gets to see the preview. Goddamn I’m always missing out on these events. Fingers crossed I get to see the film in IMAX at all.

Apparently they show the first ten (!) minutes of the movie. Idk if they attached a sizze reel like Nolan always did with his prologues.

As for the first ten minutes of the film...
I figured the film would just start with a vision of Paul and then the scene with Mohiam? Or could they have made a LOTr-esque intro to introduce people to the world of ⊃∪∩⪽?

When this trailer should be released?

poplar wrote:
July 21st, 2021, 4:50 pm
When this trailer should be released?

Title of the movie (confirmed by the people who saw the first 10 minutes) Dune: Part One :gonf: