⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This will not make money.

And that’s okay.

Actually, we might still get a sequel as long as it does well on HBO Max. Considering no one really knows how they validate success with this sort of thing, WW84 was a big enough hit on HBO Max for WB to give the green light for development on the sequel.

Perhaps part of the deal that Villenueve will strike with WB to permit the HBO Max launch is that a sequel is greenlit now. So work can commence immediately.

I suppose that could be a savvy trade-off for Villenueve. He'd lose part of the theatrical gross (and perhaps even his chance to negotiate percentage points), but he'd be guaranteed to finish the story.

We know WB is all in with Dune with the series they announced. Maybe this property will suit streaming, since it itch the scratch left by Game of Thrones by many.

I never saw this version before (someone cut it together using some bootleg footage)

This film is sandwiched between: (i) Shang-Chi, (ii) Venom 2; and (iii) Bond.

The most vulnerable film out of that bunch is Dune. It's an old IP, the director skews more 'arty' than commercial and it's a new brand. Dune has to move. Surely.....

LuciusNightmare wrote:
April 29th, 2021, 1:57 pm
This film is sandwiched between: (i) Shang-Chi, (ii) Venom 2; and (iii) Bond.

The most vulnerable film out of that bunch is Dune. It's an old IP, the director skews more 'arty' than commercial and it's a new brand. Dune has to move. Surely.....
And the trailer looks very serious. I understand the criticism of misleading marketing. But a little more "fun" should be added. Even if the end product will be not in that tone.

I fear Dune will mostly attract only older (over 25) male audiences. Smells like a major box office bomb. Like BR2049. But if we still get the second part, I don't care.

So true.

I wouldn't say the film is destined to fail. There are some things going for it -especially the cast and the appeal of Chalamet/Zendaya to the younger crowd. But the marketing needs to make this look like 'Star Wars meets Hunger Games' and it could then do decent business. The only issues is that Star Wars is a beloved evergreen franchise and Hunger Games had just come off a bestselling book run. Who really cares about a Dune reboot? The answer: Film nerds (the same folk who were hyped for BR2049).

In some respects, the best thing to happen to Dune is the dual HBO Max/theatre release. It might actually guarantee a sequel if it generates subscribers and clicks. Then it only really needs to pull in a reasonable Godzilla v Kong numbers in theatres to be considered a success.

In any case, this thing should move forward to August 2021 or back to December 2021.

Could still be placeholder, but Vue (UK) have the runtime at 3 hours.

Apparently there has been a private screening
I mean bruh

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Warner Bros had already reached a deal with Regal Cinemas to restore 45-day theatrical windows in 2022 before titles go to streaming. Dune, the high-profile Denis Villeneuve sci-fi remake out this fall, will test the new pattern sooner than planned, according to multiple sources. It will premiere in Venice in September ahead of an October theatrical run, with HBO Max availability coming at a to-be-determined date after that.
https://deadline.com/2021/05/hollywood- ... 234758654/