⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I know this is not literally an adaptation of the book, but after watching the 1984 and 2000 versions (both not so great, lol), I'm super interested to see where this first film ends.

After seeing the new trailer dozens of times, there are quick shots that feel like they're in the final act of the book - like, the climax. It almost doesn't make sense for Zendaya or Javier Bardem to be in this, for example.

Also, it's odd that we're missing three pretty major characters:
- Feyd Rautha
- Princess Irulan
- Shaddam IV

I'm super excited to see how Villeneuve pulls this off. I have no doubt it'll be awesome.

Angus wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 3:03 pm
I know this is not literally an adaptation of the book, but after watching the 1984 and 2000 versions (both not so great, lol), I'm super interested to see where this first film ends.

After seeing the new trailer dozens of times, there are quick shots that feel like they're in the final act of the book - like, the climax. It almost doesn't make sense for Zendaya or Javier Bardem to be in this, for example.

- Feyd Rautha
- Princess Irulan
- Shaddam IV

I'm super excited to see how Villeneuve pulls this off. I have no doubt it'll be awesome.
Villeneuve said he wanted to erase those characters since he felt they were irrelevant to the story he wanted to tell.
Just kidding. Part II.

m4st4 wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 4:30 pm
Angus wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 3:03 pm

- Feyd Rautha
- Princess Irulan
- Shaddam IV

Villeneuve said he wanted to erase those characters since he felt they were irrelevant to the story he wanted to tell.
Just kidding. Part II.
Lmao.

Man, I'm pumped for this. It better make enough for Part II, damn it.

Sssoooo, about that premiere date...

Ace

It seems the spice won’t flow until next year, as Warner Bros. and Legendary are moving Denis Villeneueve‘s Dune off its December release date and will unveil the epic sci-fi movie on Oct. 1, 2021, Collider has exclusively learned.

Thank god, at least we have the trailer and hopefully by that time the world can start recovering from the bullshit.

Well, that means The Batman is gonna move also.

Dune? More like “Doomed”.

fuck me amadeus

I get it tho

But still

But why October? That’s an entire fucking year...
I mean I’m not as hyped about it as I was with Tenet so it’s fine but still!