⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
This got a big meh from me

Nistopher Colon wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 1:35 pm
This TV series looks good. When is it airing?
So who here thinks foundation looks better visually? I'm trying to understand you people.

Visually my vote would still have to go to Dune, as it at least has a sense of Denis sensibilities, for better or for worse (in this case), while Foundation might have a better color palette but feels pretty generic. However, both trailers make the story of those productions seem super disinteresting. They tell the general public absolutely nothing of what they are about.

i actually dig the look, im a big ban of Greig Fraiser, and while i do think the batman is the more interesting one of his recent works, i have faith that this looks matches the tone Denis is going for, i also think we should expect a less dense Denis for this one, WB is surely pushing for this to be the new big science fantasy saga, and for that to happen they cant let denis go on the deep end like in blade runner 2049, i expect something closer to Arrival, maybe less emotionally charged though ? that i dont know.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 5:41 pm
i actually dig the look, im a big ban of Greig Fraiser, and while i do think the batman is the more interesting one of his recent works, i have faith that this looks matches the tone Denis is going for, i also think we should expect a less dense Denis for this one, WB is surely pushing for this to be the new big science fantasy saga, and for that to happen they cant let denis go on the deep end like in blade runner 2049, i expect something closer to Arrival, maybe less emotionally charged though ? that i dont know.
I wouldn't say BR2049 was "dense" or "deep" - it's a well explored territory and I never found the question of "can androids (or clones which they are closer to in BR universe) capable of independent emotions be considered as human?" to be particularly interesting of a question (since the answer is so obvious). It was slow paced and focused on visual storytelling without many action sequences - that's why it was tough to market and flopped at the BO. That and its terrible marketing campaign of course.

Dune probably won't be much faster paced but it should be much more "epic" in scale and much deeper and more complex.

LelekPL wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 5:55 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 5:41 pm
I wouldn't say BR2049 was "dense" or "deep" - it's a well explored territory and I never found the question of "can androids (or clones which they are closer to in BR universe) capable of independent emotions be considered as human?" to be particularly interesting of a question (since the answer is so obvious). It was slow paced and focused on visual storytelling without many action sequences - that's why it was tough to market and flopped at the BO. That and its terrible marketing campaign of course.

Dune probably won't be much faster paced but it should be much more "epic" in scale and much deeper and more complex.
but that isn't what either blade runner movie is about, especially 2049

-Vader

Yeah i think that is more the main theme of the original film if anything, 2049 is more about if society is ready to consider replicants or non human persons to be our equals, it also comments on disposable work forces and late capitalism, maybe even some future interpretations of imperialism (conquering the starts and such)

Oku
Talk about miscasts galore lol

Still a guaranteed watch, though

Is it just me or do the vfx look a bit wonky in the fight scene with Brolin?