⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
In 99% of the cases music with vocals ruin movie trailers for me. Well at least trailers for movies like these. Just why? Same with Tenet 3rd trailer and Batman couples of weeks ago.

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 1:39 pm
In 99% of the cases music with vocals ruin movie trailers for me. Well at least trailers for movies like these. Just why? Same with Batman couples of weeks ago.

Well hold on now, I didn't come into this thread to read slander about that amazing Batman trailer lmao, that Nirvana track was brilliant.

But back on topic - this looks dull man. I wish Deakins/Young were doing this

Decided to skip trailers for this as I know nothing about Dune. But stills from the trailer popped on my timeline and Fraser again went for that flat dimly lit underexposed shots I feared he would go for.

I’m sure there are plenty of well exposed and bright (enough) shots in the film but I really don’t appreciate that look at all.

Nothing wowed me in the trailer except for the worm and the color grading is dull, like the early brown/gray generation of PS3 and Xbox 360 video games.

As a fan of Villeneuve's work it has a good chance that I'll end up liking it regardless.

There's also the issue that this movie is also half a story just like Alita: Battle Angel and if it flops another won't be made and the current theatrical environment is not good in the world and especially the U.S. right now.

Not very sure the general audience will like how serious the movie is if the trailer and the rest of Villeneuve's filmography is anything to go by.

Villeneuve peaked with Prisoners and Sicario.

Yeah I wasn’t blow away by the trailer but confident regardless.

i think the chances of me not liking this film are extremely low, but i have no opinion of this trailer tbh

I'm not surprised by the dull visuals considering it's Denis. It's exactly how I thought it would look like which is unimpressive and utilitarian. However, I am confident he will be able to elevate the movie storywise and with his pacing and tension building (basically the opposite of Lynch's version :P ).

However, the trailer does the movie no favors by focusing on Paul instead of the families' dynamics and stakes of the film and hiding the Harkonnens. There are glimpses of a more epic scale but other than the sandworm I don't see how this trailer will convince regular moviegoers to be excited about this movie. Dune is no Star Wars for the general public, you have to show your big guns and not hide it "for the fans" if you want to make money on this.

That being said, it's only the first trailer, they can still knock it out of the park with the second one.

Nistopher Colon wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 1:35 pm
This TV series looks good. When is it airing?
Yes :clap: When I was watching Lovecraft Country I was thinking to myself why more TV shows can't be this colorful and not desaturated or overlit (definitely not the best show but at least it popped visually)

yall crazy, visuals look just fine, but shoud've had less Paul/war and more house/faction and general worldbuilding stuff

I liked the trailer a lot but didn't love it. Except for one VFX shot, I loved everything else visually. Especially those close ups are dope.
What I disliked in the trailer was the music when the trailer is going for the climax. You have a composer like Hans Zimmer give me some drumming, some epicness for f sake. Who selected Pink Floyd music for this trailer? Such a bad choice.