⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oh, come on now.

Honestly, if WB hopes this to be a franchise, they should give it the best shot to succeed and delay it to take Avatar 2's slot next year.

There's no way it's releasing this December, right? I can't imagine they'd drop the trailer just 3 months before it releases. Wouldn't be surprised if they announce a new 2021 release date or just say "Only in theaters" with the trailer.

This movie and the proposition of seeing it in cinema is my life and yet I only want a trailer, poster and delay to 2021. Dune deserves a LOTR/Star Wars treatment. Cinema full of excited moviegoers. Box office that immediately greenlights the sequel.

m4st4 wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 12:31 am
This movie and the proposition of seeing it in cinema is my life and yet I only want a trailer, poster and delay to 2021. Dune deserves a LOTR/Star Wars treatment. Cinema full of excited moviegoers. Box office that immediately greenlights the sequel.
as desperate as we all are for a ray of sunlight in these cloudy days, if GOT S8, TROS and even Tenet (in your case anyway, I see it the 3rd) have taught us anything it's not to pin too high of expectations on any particular thing.

As far as I'm concerned, TLOUII is the saving grace of 2020.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 12:41 am
m4st4 wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 12:31 am
as desperate as we all are for a ray of sunlight in these cloudy days, if GOT S8, TROS and even Tenet (in your case anyway, I see it the 3rd) have taught us anything it's not to pin too high of expectations on any particular thing.

As far as I'm concerned, TLOUII is the saving grace of 2020.

-Vader
That is an extremely rational and healthy way of thinking, especially in 2020.
The way I see it, at least Dune has Villeneuve playing the cards, and there wasn't a single time before this that he downright dissappointed me.

But that's the rational side, and you know me, I'm all for that excitement leading up to a certain thing. And right now, trust me on this, even when I drop a wishful LOTR/Star Wars comparison... all I ever dare wanting in 2020 is this trailer on September 9th, perhaps a poster and that's it. A little ray of light.

Otherwise, fully agreed on TLOU Part II. I'd add DC Fandom as a whole, that one day I felt like we were back in regular SDCC July and everything was right in this world.

The sandworm...! :o :shock:

The sleeper has awakened!

Edit: Why do I feel sudden sadness; clearly, Legendary and Warners re-started the marketing engine... everything looks properly epic and beautiful, and yet near future is still so uncertain.

I just fucking cancelled my subscription... so I guess I missed out on that sandworm cover, right?