⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

'A thousand deaths are not enough for Yueh.'

Chen is looking sharp, Suk Doctor diamond tattoo in place :clap:

Really digging these clean, well fitted costumes. Love the fabric too, looks like some suede.

First look at Reverend Mother Mohiam when?

I have decided. Today I will watch David Lynch's version of Dune. Let the weirdness commence.

Batfan175 wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 2:53 am
I have decided. Today I will watch David Lynch's version of Dune. Let the weirdness commence.
It's excellent in parts. It's weird as you would expect.

Paul casting is wrong though. Finale is wrong. A lot of tiny philosophical aspects that were changed from the novel are wrong.
Like, how Paul is presented like literal Messiah, instead of constructed one by thousands of years of genetic and socio-political manipulation. And the rain at the end, oh god.
But production design, to this date, is impeccable. And several cast members are wonderful in their respective roles. I mean, you have Patrick Stewart in the cockpit. It's DUNE, in the end... I'm just waiting for Villeneuve's edition so we can finally move on from that being Dune in eyes of many. Not even SyFy series managed to become as cult, probably because of Lynch's involvement.

And Max von Sydow is in it, which is nice.

Honestly I just didn't care much for Lynch' Dune. It's such a failed adaptation. The production design is worth appreciating of course but man, everything else just misses the source material by quite a large margin.

Okay okay, the Sandworms do look nice, I give you that.

And yeah, I'll probably rewatch it just for the sake of it after finishing the novel again and just before this one is released lolol

Pretty sure our first look at ⊃∪∩⪽ 's sandworms is coming with the trailer tho, not via a pic lol

Lynch's film is not a good movie and a terrible adaptation as well. But I have a hard time believing Denis will do a better job visually than that film. Production design and cinematography are great in Lynch's version.

The suits look bad.