⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊙∩⋵ (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I fear there are too many great people in this that they're going to have only like a scene each

xWhereAmI? wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 7:52 pm
I fear there are too many great people in this that they're going to have only like a scene each
and there's still like 3-4 relatively major supporting parts to cast lol.

It must be known that Bardem and Zendaya will have really minor screentime in the first movie if they follow the book

xWhereAmI? wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 7:52 pm
Reminds of the The Thin Red Line. I know great actors had more than one line in that movie but they didn't have that much more.

Dude...

...just gimme this movie.

Ace wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 7:04 pm
Jason Momoa In talks
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/jaso ... ssion=true
Momoa will portray Duncan Idaho, a swordmaster in the house of Atreides who is the right-hand man to Chalamet’s father, played by Isaac.
Why haven't I thought of this casting before? Momoa is pitch perfect as Duncan. He's charming as fuck and the ultimate badass, just like the character. I cannot wait to see Momoa bring Duncan to life, I loved his work on Game of Thrones, Frontier and his own Road to Paloma. I think the Villeneuve/Momoa combination is going to be gold.

Book series spoilers:
Duncan Idaho is one of my favourite Dune characters. His parts in Messiah and God Emperor are still some of the most compelling character arcs Herbert has written, along with Paul and Leto II. I think it's funny that Duncan is the only Dune character who appears in all the books. Only for the first book to be spread over two films which means Duncan won't be in the second one lol

IMAX? details, details...

It's also being released in IMAX, like the majority of todays blockbusters.

Hope we find out what camera's they plan on using when they start shooting.

Nomis wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 5:57 am
It's also being released in IMAX, like the majority of todays blockbusters.

Hope we find out what camera's they plan on using when they start shooting.
If I remember, Villeneuve has expressed several times his will to shooting his adaptation in IMAX.