Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Pratham wrote:It sends signal that the suits are happy with the current one, they expect it to rake in the dough and have faith in the crew to make another one.
Just like the Fantastic Four sequels and Amazing Spider-Man 3 and 4?

Pretty much. Audience called the bluff on those movies. It's not like studio is gonna lose anything by announcing sequels and later canning them when movie fails.

Peter Parker will travel far beyond New York City in the sequel to SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING, confirms @MarvelStudios' Kevin Feige: "He’ll spend some time in other parts of the globe."

Bacon wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 4:19 pm
Peter Parker will travel far beyond New York City in the sequel to SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING, confirms @MarvelStudios' Kevin Feige: "He’ll spend some time in other parts of the globe."
What’s the problem?

It's fine. Happened plenty of times and it's not like he's going to create Parker Industries... yet.

>Fans want small scale Spider-Man movies
>Make arc for Peter that sometimes it's okay to be the hero for the little guy in NYC and he turns down being an Avenger
>Immediately next film make Spidey an Avenger
>Film after that make Spidey 2 on a global scale

Lol, we'll never get a small-scale superhero film from this studio focusing on intriguing character changes that is any good. No, what they think we want is Spider-Man traveling across the world with big CG explosions happening everywhere....that's not what Spider-Man is to me. He's a kid who lives with his aunt in New York and finds it difficult to reconcile the challenges of his everyday life with his special powers and the responsibility he feels as a result.
Ant-Man was Disney's attempt to tone it down a bit after the overstuffed mess of epic proportions that was Age of Ultron but 'forgettable' is how I'd describe that film because Disney's too busy cramming in endless references to other stuff than actually delving into the characters in any significant way and put the focus on what matters to us with these characters.

Batfan175 wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 9:34 pm
Lol, we'll never get a small-scale superhero film from this studio focusing on intriguing character changes that is any good. No, what they think we want is Spider-Man traveling across the world with big CG explosions happening everywhere....that's not what Spider-Man is to me. He's a kid who lives with his aunt in New York and finds it difficult to reconcile the challenges of his everyday life with his special powers and the responsibility he feels as a result.
Ant-Man was Disney's attempt to tone it down a bit after the overstuffed mess of epic proportions that was Age of Ultron but 'forgettable' is how I'd describe that film because Disney's too busy cramming in endless references to other stuff than actually delving into the characters in any significant way and put the focus on what matters to us with these characters.
You're not helping

All I want is proper MJ. Let's talk about One More Day, shall we?

Or not, still need to finish my breakfast.

Bacon wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 8:06 pm
>Fans want small scale Spider-Man movies
>Make arc for Peter that sometimes it's okay to be the hero for the little guy in NYC and he turns down being an Avenger
>Immediately next film make Spidey an Avenger
>Film after that make Spidey 2 on a global scale
funny isn't it