Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
what if it stays small scale, just overseas

what if it's a bigger scale but also great

having opinions is great, jumping to conclusions like that can be a little toxic and does yourself as a viewer zero favors

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 6:41 pm
let artists create and don't try to conform every decision they make to your preconceptions

-Vader
Yep.

Vader182 wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 6:50 pm
what if it stays small scale, just overseas

what if it's a bigger scale but also great

having opinions is great, jumping to conclusions like that can be a little toxic and does yourself as a viewer zero favors

-Vader
You’re using that word, ‘toxic’, again. I don’t think anybody here was toxic.

Example of toxic: months after months of rude twitter commentary pointed towards Dan Slott, man who just recently finished his Guinness record Spider-Man run (ten years) and who managed to turn Peter into a semi-Tony Stark character at one point, who ventured the globe in the above mentioned ‘Worldwide’ arc. Some people were pissed about the very notion of Spidey becoming anything other than a broke student from Queens. Some people didn’t want to give him a chance, they just posted toxic commentary, for months.

Was it the best arc in Spider-Man’s history? Not really, it was just fun, but one of his weakest.
Was it character breaking though? Not at all. He was still very much Peter Parker under that suit; later on even destroyed Parker Industries to help people.

The point is, I’m with you 100%: let artists create, let them have their artistic space. But also it’s perfectly fine to discuss things at every stage of production, like we did, especially if you care like Bacon does. I don’t think he was being toxic towards this movie, just cautious around some ‘out there’ ideas.

Bacon, be lucky Spidey is going worldwide this time round, better than Cap fans last year, when Nick Spencer gave them Hydra Cap. Was that a good story? Absolutely, but sometimes there’s only so much you can stretch a character before he breaks. Selina is marrying Bruce in ten days, after 80 years. As a huge fan of both Spidey and Batman, I always hope for the best and try to find the silver lining. As long as they’re essentially untouched.

And Jake was spotted in London! Now what is he doing there... a mystery indeed.

As long at this travesty stays far from me I'm all set.

Infidel wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 4:34 pm
Go away.

Infidel wrote:
Oh yay! Another hateful hater who hates on everything because hating is fun for some people for some reason.

BlairCo wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 5:57 pm
Infidel wrote:
Oh yay! Another hateful hater who hates on everything because hating is fun for some people for some reason.
He’s not. He’s a troll and you’re a moderator, how does that work round here?

We have some Roseanne's in this forum; I want them to turn into James Gunn's.

BlairCo wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 6:01 pm
We have some Roseanne's in this forum; I want them to turn into James Gunn's.
I feel like ‘ is not needed but that’s just me.

I also feel like moderators should be forum robocops, but I also like Paul Verhoeven movies.