Controversial Opinions About Movies Part II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
bootsy wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 2:45 am
Nomis wrote:
November 30th, 2019, 5:33 pm
Hugo is not a masterpiece lol same goes for The Aviator
Nomis has spoken..

the truth.

Hugo is a masterpiece

I'm sorry but

I just cannot take the original monster from Alien (1979) seriously.

I love virtually everything else about the film. The set design, the photography, the whole damn atmosphere is just immaculate. You want to fucking be there to just take in that whole vibe of the film (but not really because scary, of course).

I've seen the film at least 4 times and every time the actual goddamn alien shows up on screen, it just looks like a guy in a suit with a thing on his head to me. Like, it literally makes me laugh.

This opinion is probably made worse by the fact that I kinda love Aliens and Alien Cubed. The creatures in the sequels freak me out so much more.

Not sure if it's just the age of the production itself, but I just lose all immersion when I see this lanky cosplay guy show up and it's like "wait, that’s what we're supposed to be afraid of?"

Idk, it's weird ... I'm weird.

I fucking love Alien, the aliens' design included.

Cilogy wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 4:07 am
I'm sorry but

I love virtually everything else about the film. The set design, the photography, the whole damn atmosphere is just immaculate. You want to fucking be there to just take in that whole vibe of the film (but not really because scary, of course).

I've seen the film at least 4 times and every time the actual goddamn alien shows up on screen, it just looks like a guy in a suit with a thing on his head to me. Like, it literally makes me laugh.

This opinion is probably made worse by the fact that I kinda love Aliens and Alien Cubed. The creatures in the sequels freak me out so much more.

Not sure if it's just the age of the production itself, but I just lose all immersion when I see this lanky cosplay guy show up and it's like "wait, that’s what we're supposed to be afraid of?"

do not relate

-Vader

Ariel calls King Triton 'daddy' an uncomfortable amount of time

Cilogy wrote:
I'm sorry but

Is this take like how you think Blade Runner is a boring slog?

Nistopher Colon wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:25 pm
Ariel calls King Triton 'daddy' an uncomfortable amount of time
:lol:

Bacon wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:35 pm
Cilogy wrote:
I'm sorry but

Is this take like how you think Blade Runner is a boring slog?
Yeah prob

Since I was on a slasher movie marathon these days, let's see...
New Nightmare>Elm Street
Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 > Halloween
Texas Chainsaw 2003 > Texas Chainsaw
And none of these movies will ever be five star horror masterpieces a la The Shining, The Exorcist, Don't Look Now etc.

Fun lil' experiments/distractions within the series': Friday the 13th Part IV, Jason Lives & Jason X, Halloween 2018.

Now, onto Chucky...