Controversial Opinions About Movies Part II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Arrival is Deny V's second worst film that I've seen with Enemy being the first. Both Prisoners and Sicario are more cinematically gripping and balanced. Arrival feels like a short story/film stretched far too long with questionable writing at key moments.

Here's mine. Arrival is Denis' worst English film and Enemy is by far his best film overall.

X-Men Apocalypse is a worse 2016 superhero movie than BvS.

Singer achieved the impossible of getting a bad performance out of Isaac. Sad state.

Allstar wrote:X-Men Apocalypse is a worse 2016 superhero movie than BvS.
That's not controversial. Saying that all superhero movies this year were worse than BvS, is controversial.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
X-Men Apocalypse is the best superhero movie of 2016.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
That's not controversial.
How is that not controversial?

Bacon wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
That's not controversial.
How is that not controversial?
Just that I've heard that quite a few times. Not necessarily in context with BvS, but people just saying Apocalypse was the/one of the worst comic-book films of 2016.

At the very least, it's not a rare opinion.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Just that I've heard that quite a few times. Not necessarily in context with BvS, but people just saying Apocalypse was the/one of the worst comic-book films of 2016.

At the very least, it's not a rare opinion.
Good point.

Yeah. That's def not controversial.

BvS at least had exciting moments even for those that hated it.

Apocalypse was just too long and too boring lol. Most people forgot that movie. I personally don't think it's that bad. 30 minutes shorter and it would have been much better. But I can't deny that it is forgettable as fuck.

Personally I find them both eaqually bad. But I don't see myself watching Apocalypse ever again, whilst BvS is relevant to the DCEU story. So even if I hate how the plot unfolds in the movie, I can still enjoy the progression of the characters and the story. As well as the music and the beautiful cinematography. Apocalypse is so dull in comparison, and the premise and outcome of the plot is completely irrelevant to the X-Men universe.