Controversial Opinions About Movies Part II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Really sorry you guys don't connect with the best film of the 2010's.

What are you talking about? I love Interstellar :P

LelekPL wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 1:48 am
What are you talking about? I love Interstellar :P
This. Although even if Interstellar is my favourite film of the last decade, it is a flawed masterpiece.
But there have been some perfect film this decade that are much more moving than Fury Road (IMO, obviously): Roma, Dunkirk, Parasite.
Besides the spectacle, I didn't really connect with Fury Road. In terms of franchise blockbuster in the last decade, TDKR and Skyfall would be my two favourites.

When the Alien attacks Dallas, he does jazz hands, and it made me burst out laughing when I first saw it. Never been able to take it seriously since then.

Christian Bale has given his career best works under the tutelage of Scott Cooper. These performances should be nominated rather than the David O. Russell and McKay stuff. Excited they are reteaming again.

He gave his best performance under Mary Harron, though. And his most iconic performances are not under Russell or McKay either but rather Nolan and Brad Anderson because let's not full ourselves, most people will remember him for being Batman and his crazy transformation in The Machinist.

Cooper managed to get a good performance out of him in Out of the Furnace, but nothing spectacular. Woody actually outshined him in that movie. But I'll give you Hostiles. He was fantastic in Hostiles, much like the rest of the cast. Pike was underrated in it as well.