Trailer Rankings - December 2019

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
1. Godzilla: King of The Monsters
2. Dragon Ball Super: Broly (never thought I'd be excited for another Broly movie but it's looking great)
3. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
4. Shazam!
5. Aquaman

darthnazgul wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 5:40 pm
2. Dragon Ball Super: Broly (never thought I'd be excited for another Broly movie
Don't you mean 'another male Kale movie' :)?

I'd say it's not difficult to improve on the character from the previous films because beyond overwhelming power there is nothing to Broly because his motivations were always super dumb. I am actually less interested in the fights themselves and more in how they are going to change his character around to be more interesting.

Batfan175 wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 6:09 pm
darthnazgul wrote:
2. Dragon Ball Super: Broly (never thought I'd be excited for another Broly movie

I'd say it's not difficult to improve on the character from the previous films because beyond overwhelming power there is nothing to Broly because his motivations were always super dumb. I am actually less interested in the fights themselves and more in how they are going to change his character around to be more interesting.
Same. Broly in the original films was "cool, but so dumb." I think Toriyama may have something different in store for Broly's motivation this time, a more believable one. I'm still excited for the fights though, the animation looks fantastic.

darthnazgul wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 6:10 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 6:09 pm
darthnazgul wrote:

Same. Broly in the original films was "cool, but so dumb." I think Toriyama may have something different in store for Broly's motivation this time, a more believable one. I'm still excited for the fights though, the animation looks fantastic.
Yeah, this looks better than a lot of other DBZ and DB films so far. The way I would be happy with the story would be if they somehow manage to juxtapose Bardock's concern for his son with Paragus' disregard for his son's life and free will. Broly hating the circumstances of his own life in general would be pretty powerful and at the same time it would put people's support of the idea of 'becoming the ultimate warrior' into perspective if Broly was made into a killing machine without being able to have a say in the matter.

1. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
2. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

3. Shazam
4. Aquaman

Both were pretty shit.

Lame trailers this year.

1. Watchmen
2. His Dark Materials
3. IT: Chapter Two
4. Top Gun: Maverick
5. Terminator: Dark Fate
6. The Witcher
7. 21 Bridges
8. Cats

1. Top Gun: Maverick
2. Star Trek: Picard
3. IT: Chapter Two
4. Watchmen
5. The Witcher
6. Terminator: Dark Fate
7. Cats

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power
Harley Quinn

...and the rest.

1. Ghostbusters: Afterlife
2. Mulan
3. No Time To Die
4. Wonder Woman 1984
5. Black Widow

BlairCo wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 6:26 pm
1. Ghostbusters: Afterlife
2. Mulan
3. No Time To Die
4. Wonder Woman 1984
5. Black Widow
This, except replace Afterlife with with No Time.