2017-2018 Awards Season

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
bootsy wrote:
Bacon wrote:Dunkirk wont win. If Desplat beat Zimmer it def cant. You could read it all over Nolans face that he didnt want to be there.
Bacon, you are making me laugh with this. I think you are resigned to saying Dunkirk won't win to ease the disappointment. Relax this isn't the Oscars. The GG's aren't really that big of an indicator anymore.
Lol man I'm talking about the GGs for best director and picture.
I know. What I'm saying is don't take not winning at the GG's seriously. It's not a good indicator.

The Academy is even more old-fashioned than the HFPA. If Dunkirk doesn't take any wins here, it won't in March (from those categories).

Sanchez wrote:The Academy is even more old-fashioned than the HFPA. If Dunkirk doesn't take any wins here, it won't in March (from those categories).
This doesn't make any sense.

Sanchez wrote:The Academy is even more old-fashioned than the HFPA. If Dunkirk doesn't take any wins here, it won't in March (from those categories).
Not really. The Academy is an entirely different animal and the membership is a lot more diverse.

bootsy wrote:
Not really. The Academy is an entirely different animal and the membership is a lot more diverse.
Like when they gave the great masterpiece The King's Speech BP and director? I'm not sold.

They have shown more diversity for director recently though, but looking at score in particular, I don't think Dunkirk stand a chance at the Oscars.

Director is next.

Nolan or Del Toro.

Oku
I expected nothing and I was still disappointed.

I know we're like Nolan fanbots and I'm personally rooting for him and Dunkirk big time, but it's not necessarily disappointing when another worthy director wins an award

the dga is what’s important

Del Toro with the speech of the night tho

and what the fuck was that nonsense from Portman?

Perhaps a stupid question, but are members of the Academy all American? Or is it international?

Nolan would have had more class with the acceptance speech.