Capone (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Jax_Teller wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 3:48 am
The distributor is still hoping for a theatrical release later in the summer.
Yeah... That's not happening.

Forum Pro
Law
So, I saw this.. and I quite enjoyed it.

I don't know much about Trank's downfall, but the guy knows how to make a movie. He wrote, edited and directed this. It's a very weird movie that, if you don't see through Capone's eyes.. you might not follow. Tom Hardy of course is a complete maniac in this, I truly don't know how he does it. The eyes man.. the eyes.

The score was incredibly foreboding too. I'm glad we got to see a different type of Capone.

If there is at least one reason to watch this movie, it is Tom Hardy. Regardless of whether they are right or wrong, he makes the most bizzare choices as an actor. There is a scene where he is singing "If I Were The King Of The Forest", and somehow it is tragic yet really really funny simultaneously. He is just so fascinating to watch. The rest of the movie is somewhat functional, but at the end of the day, it is Hardy's show.

Hell, this movie shows how Hardy should have played The Penguin instead of Bane.

Forum Pro
Law
The best part of this was Capone walking through his old memories and seeing himself in the mirror as he once was.

I mean this has 42% on RT so...

It’s not that bad I guess.

BlairCo wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 12:17 am
If there is at least one reason to watch this movie, it is Tom Hardy. Regardless of whether they are right or wrong, he makes the most bizzare choices as an actor. There is a scene where he is singing "If I Were The King Of The Forest", and somehow it is tragic yet really really funny simultaneously. He is just so fascinating to watch. The rest of the movie is somewhat functional, but at the end of the day, it is Hardy's show.

Hell, this movie shows how Hardy should have played The Penguin instead of Bane.
For some reason it bothers me that you're bolding both actors names and fictional characters.