Sucker Punch (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I think it looks great. there is some beautiful scenery. and to those who say he cant tell a story, go and watch watchmen. AMAZING STORY!!

prodical wrote:I think it looks great. there is some beautiful scenery. and to those who say he cant tell a story, go and watch watchmen. AMAZING STORY!!
He didn't tell that story though...it was a graphic novel.

prodical wrote:I think it looks great. there is some beautiful scenery. and to those who say he cant tell a story, go and watch watchmen. AMAZING STORY!!
FOOL! the story is based on a graphic novel made by Alan Moore
he used the comic book as storyboard reference and made an exact motion copy into screen,
the only thing he changed was the ending which was absolute rubbish.

OVERMAN wrote:
FOOL! the story is based on a graphic novel made by Alan Moore
he used the comic book as storyboard reference and made an exact motion copy into screen,
the only thing he changed was the ending which was absolute rubbish.
im not a fool. First of all, i read the graphic novel 2 years before the film was made, and second, im not saying Snyder wrote the story of Watchmen, but he did 'tell it'.

you think its easy to just adapt a book or graphic novel into a film, if it was so easy how come the dozens of other directors who had their shot at it all failed. Because telling the story in a 2.5 hour film was near impossible. But Snyder as a director pulled it off.

p.s. the ending imho worked much better for the average movie goer. If the average shmuck had suddenly seen some 300 foot alien in the film they would have demanded their money back.

they did not fail, they realized how stupid was to make a movie out of the comic book, Snyder was just some fool who was psyched by imagining this characters doing slow motion, there is no possible way of succeeding making a watchmen movie because it was only meant to be ¨told¨ through the comic book media.

Crap

"You will be unprepared"... :batface:

Retarded tagline. :problem:

At least they didn't do blue/orange. Now its green/orange.

Great poster.