The Lion King (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Man, Serenity was so lucky to have landed such a talented actor so early on in his career.

shauner111 wrote:Irons cannot be replaced.
Not even Irons can't better that performance yo.

on what planet is jej's work in TLK more indelible than irons'?

ArmandFancypants wrote:on what planet is jej's work in TLK more indelible than irons'?
I don't even know what that means.

the_red_ninja wrote:
shauner111 wrote:Irons cannot be replaced.
Not even Irons can't better that performance yo.
Since I watched Lion King in French, Irons as Scar means nothing to me and to the rest of the non-English speaking part of the world. :ninja:

Europeans often do a superb and sometimes superior job than the English speaking cast.

Hades in Danish is my personal favorite. Nothing comes close.

Wrong, Croatian is! ...Said no one ever, except maybe one or two Croatians.

To rephrase: nobody cares about Danish version of TLK, except maybe some Danish people.

Original is the preferable version, in any language.

MyCocaine wrote:Europeans often do a superb and sometimes superior job than the English speaking cast.

Dutch versions of Disney's 90s classics are all superior to the English versions imo. They're really really good.

Nomis wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:Europeans often do a superb and sometimes superior job than the English speaking cast.

Dutch versions of Disney's 90s classics are all superior to the English versions imo. They're really really good.
I think each of us will find the version we grew up with to be the best version.
The songs from Lion King and Aladdin in French are stunning.

The thing is Irons' role is a singing one. It would be a bit weird if he comes back and sing "Be Prepared" again in the supposedly live-action version. It might create an odd point of comparison. JEJ on the other hand is most likely only going to repeat the line "Remember who you are" from the original, he's going to explain "The circle of life" to Simba in a bit more different way I expect.

Although I believe Irons can still do the role wonderfully well, if not even better, while judging by Rogue One, JEJ can't really do what he used to do and Irons indeed left a more lasting mark in the original, but from a musical standpoint I can kind of see why they might want to do it this way.£