The Crown (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

m4st4 wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 12:55 pm

1) The Crown
2) Vaccine 90%
3) Biden
if 2020 can come through with at least 2 of these i'll be alright

I'm already up to Episode 9. It is as every bit of perfection that I was anticipating it to be. Anderson will be winning alllllllllllll the awards!

BlairCo wrote:
November 15th, 2020, 12:29 pm
I'm already up to Episode 9. It is as every bit of perfection that I was anticipating it to be. Anderson will be winning alllllllllllll the awards!
Damn, how are your eyes mate? :lol:
The only reason I'm stagger-watching this, two episodes per day, is because my parents can finally watch it with me due to Netflix adding Croatian subtitles Day 1. Plus it gets to marinate in my mind for a bit.

yeah I also just saw the first two episodes

top tier indeed

really really loving it so far

Anderson is pitch perfect as Thatcher hot damn

Episodes three and four... hot damn.

Charles is playing like Michael Corleone and I'm here for it.

i haven’t yet watched this show but just a question to those who are into this season already

does this show sanctify diana more than needed or are they trying to provide a more realistic look into her life?

i mean i love diana and am not overly into modern royals so maybe i’m missing certain deets, but am kinda tired of that infantile “diana angel, charles demon” narrative of this story that is still very alive

Ruth wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 11:39 am
i haven’t yet watched this show but just a question to those who are into this season already

does this show sanctify diana more than needed or are they trying to provide a more realistic look into her life?

i mean i love diana and am not overly into modern royals so maybe i’m missing certain deets, but am kinda tired of that infantile “diana angel, charles demon” narrative of this story that is still very alive
Just watch the show. :)

...would be my short response.

Longer...nobody's sacred. And Charles is one of the more complex characters in the series overall. You can actually 'get' every single POV here because the characters in general are wonderfully layered. People who say The Queen is just a rigid cold bitch here don't get her position entirely and needed paying more attention since season one.

As for Diana, she's still so, so young in Season 4. I'm guessing when Debicki comes she'll get more fierce, and feisty, and that will be a downfall of both her and the perspective of the outer world on the royals. So yeah I wouldn't say she's completely 'sanctified' here, even though there is a certain aura around her from the begining, and I'd say that's the correct way of approaching her starting years as a princess, I mean she was extremely beloved and different than any other royal family member. A complete and unique outsider. But in episode three they already tackled her...minor spoiler...
major psychological and bulimia issues

Ruth wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 11:39 am

Charles is definitely more in the wrong on the show and probably in real life as well. They try to make it less one-sided than usual but it's hard to do much more with this considering the real life events that we know of.

Also, it's the early stages of their marriage. Season 4 basically ends once the 90's start so there's still a lot to tell about them.