The Crown (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
shoutout to this for easily being the best show of the year it's jarring how competently this was put together and best shot show period unless im forgetting something

innit

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:shoutout to this for easily being the best show of the year it's jarring how competently this was put together and best shot show period unless im forgetting something
not forgetting anything

Cilogy wrote:innit
blyton

The Crown casts JFK and Jackie Kennedy
On Thursday, Netflix confirmed to EW that Golden Globe-winning period drama The Crown has cast Michael C. Hall (Dexter) and Jodi Balfour (Quarry, Almost Anything) to play the charming and widely adored Jack and Jackie Kennedy in season 2 of the hit series.

The late president and first lady will join the successful show created by Peter Morgan (The Other Boleyn Girl, Frost/Nixon) that chronicles the life of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign as she struggles to juggle her private life and duty to the crown as the nation’s monarch.

Season 2, which is currently in production, is set to pick up in 1960s with Her Majesty’s Armed Forces fighting an illegal war in Egypt and come to an end with the downfall of the Queen’s third Prime Minister, Harold Macmillan, after yet another scandal.

The addition of the Kennedys should only strengthen the show’s appeal with the charismatic duo adding a touch of American flare and glamor to the stately homes and staid English manners. Matthew Goode (Downton Abbey) also joins the cast for the second season as Princess Margaret’s unconventional and avant-garde photographer husband, Tony Armstrong-Jones.

A premiere date for season 2 is yet to be announced.

"I never believed it could happen like this"

MCH seems like a miscast to me. Then again I might have said the same thing about Harris and Lithgow before seeing S1.£

Allstar wrote:The only casting I find bizarre is Lithgow as Churchill, I really like Ligthgow but that seems like a miscast.
This might be the biggest plate of crow I ever had to eat. It was delicious though.

Any idea when the Blu-ray/DVD for season 1 comes out?

Allstar wrote:
Allstar wrote:The only casting I find bizarre is Lithgow as Churchill, I really like Ligthgow but that seems like a miscast.
This might be the biggest plate of crow I ever had to eat. It was delicious though.
That
dressing down tho