The Crown (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
One point I didn't raised anywhere so asking you guys:

That scene in the restaurant
with Diana and Camilla. Did anyone interpreted it as Charles arranging the meeting because he wanted Camilla to clue Diana in the relationship? But that didn't work out because he's such a pussy to outright tell either one what he wants.

Or is it just me?

Am i the only one who feels gutted every time after finishing a season of this show?

I wish Anderson's performance worked for me. she's playing an already "loud" personality dialed up to 11, IE a loud performance of a loud person. I don't think it works, as though it's a few decibels from feeling like a bit.

Emma Corrin is amazing.

-Vader

bruh Anderson is amazing, perfectly fits Thatcher

I find it hilarious that Emma Corrin was found while casting for Camilla was going on.

Pratham wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 11:31 am
I find it hilarious that Emma Corrin was found while casting for Camilla was going on.
Knowing that Amy Adams was reading as Rachel opposite actors auditioning for Batman, it feels strange that Nolan and Papsidera couldn't see they had one of the future great there and cast her the way Morgan and Gold cast Corrin.

Demoph wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 2:10 pm
Pratham wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 11:31 am
Knowing that Amy Adams was reading as Rachel opposite actors auditioning for Batman, it feels strange that Nolan and Papsidera couldn't see they had one of the future great there and cast her the way Morgan and Gold cast Corrin.
WHA- :shock:

you can hear Adams in the screen tests for Batman (and see some of the back of her head lol)

Rewatching season 1 since I haven't seen any of the other seasons yet, and ep. 9 gotta be one of the finest episodes of television ever made. Lithgow and Dillane are 10/10 in every scene. Lithgow puts on a masterclass the entire season, really.

Also, the ending of this episode and the ending of Dunkirk are eerily similar. The cross cutting culmination, the punched up Zimmer score.

If the rest of this series holds up to the first season, I'll be satisfied.