Green Lantern (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Trailer was incredibly disappointing.

OTOH, I love Peter Sarsgaard so I'll probably end up seeing it for him.

So much win right here!!!

Via The LA Hero Complex
Geoffrey Rush is back in the mode of demanding teacher — but instead of a king’s speech therapist, the Aussie actor will be Tomar-Re, a bird-beaked alien who teaches Ryan Reynolds’ character how to use his new cosmic powers in "Green Lantern."

Warner Bros. is expected to officially announce Thursday that the 59-year-old Oscar winner is giving voice to the CG-created member of the Green Lantern Corps.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=34189
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

That's great news. Cant wait to check their next trailer [which will be released with Thor, I believe] to see if WB has polished all the CGI.

I have a feeling this will surprisingly trump all the other super hero movies this year. The reason the promo has been so underwhelming so far is because they have to do so much post special effects.

GL Footage description from CinemaCon.
We saw 4 scenes. First was Abin-Sur piloting his ship and being attacked by Parallax - was awesome. Then he ends up on Earth, next scene was Hal talking with Abin while he was dying. Scene seemed choppy, but he gives him ring. Next was him saying oath for the first time, then he goes to Oa immediately. Then we see him talking with Tomar-Re on Oa with Geoffrey Rush's voice and a GREAT looking very 'alive' CGI costume that looks MUCH better than the first trailer. Then we saw Sinestro addressing the Green Lantern Corps down in the core of Oa. Not fully finished but was great. Lots of other alien GLs seen there as there's a huge crowd of thousand of GLs and lots that people will totally geek out about. Won't spoil which ones. That was it plus a little montage of extra footage. I think it looks awesome, way way more excited than I was before this. Expect to see all of this footage at WonderCon, as it seemed hand picked for Green Lantern fans.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=34270
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

AWESOME POSTER FROM WONDER CON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like that poster... the design just seems wrong, plus it is pretty average. the suit looks good though :think:

Poster sucks.

hen we see Hal in his apartment, looking at the lantern and trying to figure out the mysterious oath he's supposed to say. "Because everybody knows the oath, we used to sing it in camp," he quips. He tries: "I, Hal Jordan, do solemnly swear to pledge allegiance to a lantern, from a dying purple alien in a swamp." The lantern zaps him with a green energy beam and he's thrown backwards. Then suddenly he knows the oath – looking into the green light, he says the oath super intensely.
:lol:

sounds like a great scene

can't wait for this movie