BEST FILM YOU'VE EVER SEEN?! (Nolan films excluded)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Mr. Caine wrote:sorry man but anything made by R.Emmerich=instant crap
People need to understand the difference between crap and movies you don't like. Emmerich makes disaster movies, which are very much niche films with a small audience. If you look back at the history of film, He makes some of the best disaster movies ever, if you don't like them that's one thing, but he is a very capable director.

Emmerich has a small audience? HUH?!

Jonas Agersø wrote:Emmerich has a small audience? HUH?!
:lol:

theweatherman wrote:
People need to understand the difference between crap and movies you don't like. Emmerich makes disaster movies, which are very much niche films with a small audience. If you look back at the history of film, He makes some of the best disaster movies ever, if you don't like them that's one thing, but he is a very capable director.
Go watch 10000 bc and then talk to me.

Yeah... that doesn't make any sense. Tons of people see his films. I would say after The Patriot he really went downhill tho. Independence Day is fun and The Patriot is somewhat decent.... I don't see tho why you guys have to go after someone for liking one of his films.

I love Independence Day. I can still remember seeing it in the theater and I had a blast. It's of of my fav films. What do you have to say about that?
Say Girl

All I meant by it being a niche genre is that either you love it or you hate it. I'm not saying his movies are great, I'm just saying for what they are, they are generally quite good. ID, The Day After Tomorrow and yes even 2012, are all some of the best straight disaster movies.

theweatherman wrote:
The thing with a lot of "disaster" movies is that they never really figure out how to give a good and pleasant ending, which is one of the things that bothered me about 2012