BEST FILM YOU'VE EVER SEEN?! (Nolan films excluded)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
psykomyko wrote:Wow, The Mist...Yikes, I can honestly say for me, that was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I absolutely hated that movie, I couldn't find anything good in that movie. But I respect your opinion.
Oh, I loved the movie from the beginning to the end. The suspense, the style and the ending was perfect! I understand that there are people who hate it and I can see why, but the movie is just totally my style of horror/thrillers. And the best aspect of the movie:
The biggest monsters are already inside the supermarket.
I also read the book, the movie was actually better!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

The Shawshank Redemption. Just amazing on all fronts.

Moon. Its just incredible

There Will Be Blood

The Talented Mr. Ripley, a film which I wish Nolan would have made himself.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

JRM
psykomyko wrote:
Erik wrote:My personal top 5;

1. Fight Club (David Fincher)
2. Unbreakable (M. Night Shyamalan)
3. The Mist (Frank Darabont)
4. A Nolan movie
5. The Usual Suspects (Bryan Singer)
Wow, The Mist...Yikes, I can honestly say for me, that was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I absolutely hated that movie, I couldn't find anything good in that movie. But I respect your opinion.
I absolutely love The Mist. :wave:

Kubrick's Barry Lyndon is the loveliest looking film I've ever seen. Great film as well
{=}

JRM wrote:

I absolutely love The Mist. :wave:
I liked the novella enough to never want to see the film.

I just like The Mist because my parents got me outta school early just to see that movie.

But its still a mediocre movie.

chee wrote:I just like The Mist because my parents got me outta school early just to see that movie.

But its still a mediocre movie.
I wish my parents were that cool. Even if the movie is bad or not. They would never take me out early just to see a movie.

As for best movie I ever saw, I have to go with There Will Be Blood. It's my favorite movie of all time.
This might change though. I just discovered that I have some great movie channels so I've been going crazy this past week recording all sorts of movies.