Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Wizard of Oz

Next time I'm watching this, I'm getting high.

Avalon (1990)

This is a really really good film. Kept me completely engrossed the whole time. Was directed with quite a visual flair. Have always been fond of Levinson from what all I have seen of his work in 80s.

I feel like we as a lowly and immature species cannot even begin to comprehend how good The Master and Phantom Thread are and we may never do so

Like, we'll colonize Mars before we do that shit

The Aviator

I watched this in like high school but idk if I appreciated it enough back then.

I finally finished up Karina Longworth's book about Howard Hughes and decided to give this a watch since it was on Netflix. It's such a beautiful film and I really loved the use of colors in it. I feel like you could write a paper about the color symbolism in this film. The acting is super top notch. Even Gwen Stefani was great in her little role as Jean Harlow.

I hope they do 15th Anniversary screenings of this film later on in the year. It's definitely a film I would love to see on the big screen.

Cold War (2018)

I'm really enjoying the film until midway it threatened to derail into absolutely dull territory, and I was like will it going to be burning all over again for me. Thankfully within ten minutes, I find out that's not where it's heading. Still left me sort of wanting for more by the end. I liked it for what it's worth. And certainly it's no Ida.

The Valiant Ones (1975)

Finally I wrap up King Hu for good. Though I have to still watch the director's cut of Legend of the Mountain. What an incredible journey this has been from Come Drink with me to the two mountain films. Valiant Ones is by far the best film in Hu's oeuvre, purely from action standpoint. I think Sammo Hung also contributes majorly, and is not limited to off screen choreography. I'm no expert but there's one scene with the board game 'Go' which felt like, hands down, one of the most exciting 'build up' scenes ever committed to action cinema. And it's incredible how, with so little plot and barely much characterization, Hu manages to convey so much about the world we inhabit, in the final one minute.

I know it's a wrong thread, but I can't find a proper one.
I'm searching a movie which contain a scene on stage of a small rock (could be different) band playing from their perspective. Not a big event, just small concert in pub etc.
Hoping that you could help, it's important.

Artemis wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 11:41 pm
The Wizard of Oz

Next time I'm watching this, I'm getting high.
You should certainly try and watch Return to Oz that way.£

poplar wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 4:35 am
I know it's a wrong thread, but I can't find a proper one.
I'm searching a movie which contain a scene on stage of a small rock (could be different) band playing from their perspective. Not a big event, just small concert in pub etc.
Hoping that you could help, it's important.
Try Reddit. /r/tipofmytongue or /r/movies