Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
poplar wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 4:35 am
I know it's a wrong thread, but I can't find a proper one.
I'm searching a movie which contain a scene on stage of a small rock (could be different) band playing from their perspective. Not a big event, just small concert in pub etc.
Hoping that you could help, it's important.
what?

a small rock band played a gig at a pub/smaller stage than your typical mainstream concerts?

ya?

oh ya i took the brackets as being the end of the sentence lol

Master Virgo wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 5:00 am
Artemis wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 11:41 pm
The Wizard of Oz

Next time I'm watching this, I'm getting high.
You should certainly try and watch Return to Oz that way.£
Return to Oz is such an awesome film.

This is my kind of movie. Two neurotic, cynical people talking for 80 minutes about the problems and philosophies in life. It's pretty much Before Sunrise if Jesse and Celine hated each other. Keanu and Winona play the two very unlikeable characters, but their back and forth is very entertaining, even though it borders on overwritten. Plus, it has probably the most hilarious sex scene of the year.

The Grandmaster

Liked it well enough and held my attention just enough. Felt like it could've been more focused though.

Three Wise Girls

I thought this was a cute movie and I really loved the dialogue. Gotta check out more Jean Harlow films now. Mama Karina talked about her quite a bit in her latest book. Harlow was very charming and I liked the supporting actresses too. The male love interests for two of the characters looked alike though and during some scenes I was like "???????????."

Generation Wealth

This is a documentary that makes you feel existential dread for sure. However, I wish it was a docu-series. Lauren Greenfield interviews some pretty interesting people who have fascinating stories and life philosophies but they don't get enough time to tell their story. She also touches up on luxury brands expanding in China and Russia and I think that could be a documentary on its own. Overall, it's unfocused and doesn't give the subjects the time they deserve to tell their story.

Shoplifters

I loved this film. I really loved the family dynamic they showed and the little girl is such a good actress.

It was so heartwarming wasn't it!

Most emotional scene for me was when
Nobuyo and the little girl were hugging by the fire. I even got teary eyed wtf

Nomis wrote:
February 7th, 2019, 7:43 pm
It was so heartwarming wasn't it!

Most emotional scene for me was when
Nobuyo and the little girl were hugging by the fire. I even got teary eyed wtf
My heart hurt when
Juri/Lin went back to her mom and her mom was trying to call her over by saying that she'll buy her new clothes. That little girl just went right back to the abuse.