Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I think the first one is better

I always watch them back to back tho

Their Finest

I loved this. It manages to show the stresses of wartime while also providing a quality charm. Arterton really sells you on the conflicts that she is torn between, and the misogyny she was up against. Nighy plays an almost meta character, showing the ego and heart that an actor chooses to show to people. But what really sold me was how genuine the chemistry between Arterton and Claflin was; you could see the effect that they had on each other, and the banter is reminiscent of workplace romances (not that I'm an expert on that). Plus, if you wanna have a glimpse of what Nolan's Dunkirk might end up looking like, or if want something to feed your anticipation, this will satisfy you greatly.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Embargo lift on 24th.

:cry:

good film

glad it was shot on 35mm!

Nomis wrote:Image
:cry:

good film

glad it was shot on 35mm!
Saw this at the premiere here in Newcastle where it was filmed. Really powerful movie.

Oh that's really nice Dodd

I think so too, I think films like that are rare these days, could've been an early 70s film easily

Little Women (1993)

This is a great version of the story with Winona Ryder, Christian Bale, Kirsten Dunst and Susan Sarandon. A very emotionally and thematically rich story, with extremely engaging characters. I have to say I sadly never read the book.

9/10

Is there a thread for ranking the best comic-book films? Can't seem to find it. Thought it would be an interesting convo after Logan's release.

this was poetic, Tarkovsky da man