Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
That was a great read Cil.

Cilogy wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 12:14 pm
radewart wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 4:07 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 7:53 am

Not quite.
Spider represents the trap of expectations and commitments in his mind. In the end the spider is more afraid of Gyllenhaal than he is of her.
Is the beginning of the movie real? With the scene of men who are watching the nude women walk around, and one carries a fancy tray with a nasty looking spider on it?

Because it seems to be a real club because when teacher Gyllenhaal is pretending to be actor Gyllenhaal, the door man tells him how much he enjoyed going to the club and was hoping to go again.
If you have about 3 hours of free time ... and want to die ... read what I wrote on this.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8936&start=240#p802142
Wow, thanks for that. That was very insightful, looking at the movie a whole new way now.

Leviathan: Make it Alien, but underwater. lol
tbh it was trashy fun, it's not an absolute drought like Sphere but it really is incredibly similar to Alien. Still nice that Stan Winston worked on this though.

Conan the Destroyer: Somehow more entertaining than Conan the Barbarian? But not better lol, I can see why Schwarzenegger wants to ignore this one when it comes to another Conan sequel lol. It's a pity they never made another in the 90s.
Tbh I'm curious to see the 2011 remake of the first Conan. They say it's a bore and anything but fun but Momoa tho

Infernal Affairs: I really liked this. It's just such a good premise/story. They deftly handle the two leads' character development. I also really like Tony Leung's work, he's such a great actor.
This film deserves a much better class of blu-ray btw, it's one of the ugliest looking blu-rays ever lol. It needs a 4K remaster like yesterday!
Scorsese made a great remake with The Departed. I wonder if the Cantonese sequels are any good? Anybody here seen them?

Nomis wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 7:02 am
Infernal Affairs: I really liked this. It's just such a good premise/story. They deftly handle the two leads' character development. I also really like Tony Leung's work, he's such a great actor.
This film deserves a much better class of blu-ray btw, it's one of the ugliest looking blu-rays ever lol. It needs a 4K remaster like yesterday!
Scorsese made a great remake with The Departed. I wonder if the Cantonese sequels are any good? Anybody here seen them?
To me, honestly, i personally think that IA2 was a mess of a prequel but there some good scenes. As for IA3, i actually enjoyed it as a sequel to the first movie, even if other people think it's the weakest of the three movies. I mean the third movie ain't a great movie like the first one and how it ties in with the events of the first movie (as a sequel) is kinda 'huh', but at least it has that feeling that made the first movie really good.

You'll Never Get Rich

damn hollywood dabbing on me from 1941 smh

Havoc1st wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 9:34 am
Nomis wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 7:02 am
To me, honestly, i personally think that IA2 was a mess of a prequel but there some good scenes. As for IA3, i actually enjoyed it as a sequel to the first movie, even if other people think it's the weakest of the three movies. I mean the third movie ain't a great movie like the first one and how it ties in with the events of the first movie (as a sequel) is kinda 'huh', but at least it has that feeling that made the first movie really good.
alright, didn't know the first sequel was a prequel but that seems a bit redundant given what happens in Infernal Affairs?

Nomis wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 11:15 am
alright, didn't know the first sequel was a prequel but that seems a bit redundant given what happens in Infernal Affairs?
I wouldn't really say it's redundant since by the end of the movie it implies why certain characters' relationship are the way they are in the first movie. It also expanded on Eric Tsang's character (one of the good things about the second movie). It's also a completely different kind of movie tonally. So be prepared for that.

Murder by Death

Fun stuff. Think I prefer Clue more though. Any similar recs?

4N Legend wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 10:08 pm
Murder by Death

Fun stuff. Think I prefer Clue more though. Any similar recs?
not comedy but one of the renditions of And Then There Were None

Train To Busan
I dunno. It was ok i guess? Like something felt missing. Maybe it's the tension wasn't as strong as it seems.