Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It's number 3

why don't you like aliens

-Vader

Cilogy wrote:
February 9th, 2019, 5:21 pm
I liked that, but also liked the theme of religion, even if it was sorta superficial.

The sense of despair in Alien Cubed was also a lot more palpable than even Alienz. The second is more of a fun action romp to me. It's a vibe thing I guess. I find the mood and tone more engaging too.
Fincher had that mood down for sure. The religion aspect was a bit superficial to me tbh.
I thought Cameron combined the intense action sequences with just as good dialogue scenes. Ripley was the core of the film from beginning to end, it felt like a just continuation of her. I really admire what Cameron pulled off with Aliens. It's one hell of a sequel. I just don't have that sort of connection with Alien3. All in all, I wouldn't call it a bad sequel like Resurrection was I mean lol that was just pure guilty pleasure I feel truly guilty about :lol:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

This film belongs in the same pile as Temple of Doom and Crystal Skull.

Spielberg gets away with murder. This is Star Wars prequel territory.

Nomis wrote:
February 9th, 2019, 7:50 pm
Cilogy wrote:
February 9th, 2019, 5:21 pm
I liked that, but also liked the theme of religion, even if it was sorta superficial.

The sense of despair in Alien Cubed was also a lot more palpable than even Alienz. The second is more of a fun action romp to me. It's a vibe thing I guess. I find the mood and tone more engaging too.
Fincher had that mood down for sure. The religion aspect was a bit superficial to me tbh.
I thought Cameron combined the intense action sequences with just as good dialogue scenes. Ripley was the core of the film from beginning to end, it felt like a just continuation of her. I really admire what Cameron pulled off with Aliens. It's one hell of a sequel. I just don't have that sort of connection with Alien3. All in all, I wouldn't call it a bad sequel like Resurrection was I mean lol that was just pure guilty pleasure I feel truly guilty about :lol:
well Resurrection is nearly an SNL parody lol

Vader182 wrote:
February 9th, 2019, 7:03 pm
why don't you like aliens

-Vader
I don't necessarily dislike it, just don't like it as much. It's more of a fun action romp, I think, and that's what Cameron excels at. I don't feel the thematic dread as much as I do in 1 and 3.

lol good way to put Resurrection :lol:

Just saw Cold War AMA.
Oh god...that last line of dialogue and the last shot will haunt me for a long while.

The Dark Knight

Still love it.

Artemis wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 11:10 pm
Just saw Cold War AMA.
Oh god...that last line of dialogue and the last shot will haunt me for a long while.
It's so good and Kulig's performance is just pure bliss

Artemis wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 11:10 pm
Just saw Cold War AMA.
Oh, the last line is one of the best of the year.