Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Passion of the Christ
The Count of Montie Cristio 2002

The Pope's Exorcist is superb. It's admirable to see a film about a real Catholic priest Gabriele Amorth who isn't a pedophile. My theater got packed. Renfield flopped. I wonder if the Anti-Catholic joke kept away the moviegoers. :twothumbsup:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 is the best Marvel movie since No Way Home! But that's not saying much phases four and five were mostly meh I don't like James Gunn, but I watched over thirty films in the Marvel cinematic universe, so I couldn't miss it even if I wanted to. It's not Iron Man, Spiderman 2, Superman 2, or The Dark Knight, but it's all right. The theater had fun with it for those who came out Saturday. I counted empty seats, and a third didn't hang around for the credit scenes that stung people who used to wait to aren't interested in the future. It was symbolic that that fraction jumped ship to Superman's legacy.

Cruella
random watch. Really entertaining with well rounded characters and story. Impressed with Emma stones performance

Mortal Kombat 2021
Rewatch. Really liked what they did with sub zero . Should’ve gone in a similar direction with all the ninjas

side note: any other long time Nolan fans completely disinterested in Oppenheimer. It looks like the most boring subject of a film

Scream VI isn't a bad movie. It kept me guessing. But they can't say it's grounded anymore. Some things that happen to certain characters in the film should have killed them, and they didn't. It's 3/5 for me. I want to see two characters from the original return for VII.
Stu and Sidney have got to come back! They teased Stu so much in the last two films from his family house. His style of gutting people was on full display when he killed Dewey in the last one. I also believe he was the one who called and terrorized Tara. Ghostface is annoyed when she only credits Billy And overlooks Stu The FBI has question marks next to his name in this one, and Mindy cites that some think Stu Macher is alive. It makes sense if he is the mastermind of the recent series. They dropped his name so much in this film, and he's the only one left.

Creed 3. Boxing was phenomenal. A lot of pointless ‘youve seen these movie tropes before’ scenes. The cinematography gave it a this is a Nolanesque superhero story

Transformers Rise of the Beasts wasn't a good film and didn't feel like a film set in 1994. The film gave me a headache thinking of how stupid the plot was. It doesn't work as a prequel to the 2007 picture.

Incarnate

Halloween 1978

Decided to watch some Kim Jee-woon films and my ranking.

A Tale of Two Sisters > I Saw The Devil > A Bittersweet Life

I appreciate that A Bittersweet Life is nowhere near as fucked up the other two movies, but it also has the least impact for me.

As I'm sure many who saw Past Lives have mentioned... Major Linklater vibes.
It didn't click with me as much as I would've hoped, but I could see that changing on a second watch. Still in my top 10 of 2023 (I think I just had really unreasonable expectations due to all the hype).