Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Watched Speed and Demolition Man yesterday. Speed held up and was still really enjoyable. Demolition Man on the other hand didn't. I found myself bored and nodding off. I used to love that movie.

I still love both movies. Demolition Man is even more relevant now than it was in the 90's to be honest and Snipes' Simon Phoenix character really reminds me of Heath's Joker in a lot of ways.

Speed is just a real thrill ride. I love how the three acts are three different action setpieces. You have an elevator, a bus and a train. Keanu is solid as the action hero, Jeff Daniels is very likable and Hopper is a great villain. But both movies are perfectly centered around Sandra Bullock. She shines in both roles.

House on Haunted Hill (1959)
I come back to this film time and time again. it might be one of my favourite haunted house films, mostly because of the atmosphere and the presence that Vincent Price exudes. The scares are not really scary but I think the premise of people spending the night in a place that might be haunted and where murders take place is really my jam, especially since the set is so very detailed and interesting to look at.

LelekPL wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 12:29 pm
I still love both movies. Demolition Man is even more relevant now than it was in the 90's to be honest and Snipes' Simon Phoenix character really reminds me of Heath's Joker in a lot of ways.

Speed is just a real thrill ride. I love how the three acts are three different action setpieces. You have an elevator, a bus and a train. Keanu is solid as the action hero, Jeff Daniels is very likable and Hopper is a great villain. But both movies are perfectly centered around Sandra Bullock. She shines in both roles.
Maybe I was just tired, but for some reason it just didn't hold up to me. But Snipes' Phoenix is still an iconic character.

I watched Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance and You Will Die at 20 this past weekend.

Greyhound (2020) :thumbup: :thumbdown:
Apple TV+

Don't get me wrong, it was fine, don't think I'll ever go out of my way to watch it again though. It was average and that's why the middling thumbs.

Never Let Me Go (2010) :thumbup:
directed by Mark Romanek with a script adapted by Alex Garland from a novel

It’s a small budget drama with a slight science-fiction bent. Good but not great.

Babyteeth (2020)

Best film I have seen this year for sure. I know that isn't saying much but this is a beautiful debut. Mendelsohn is top notch in this.

Durden wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 2:44 am
Babyteeth (2020)

Best film I have seen this year for sure. I know that isn't saying much but this is a beautiful debut. Mendelsohn is top notch in this.
:twothumbsup:

Durden wrote:
Babyteeth (2020)

this wasn't even on my radar, thanks for sharing.

tbh, ive been so depressed i haven't been watching much, mostly gaming and tv and work. i've still got to get to first cow.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 4:54 am
Durden wrote:
Babyteeth (2020)

this wasn't even on my radar, thanks for sharing.

tbh, ive been so depressed i haven't been watching much, mostly gaming and tv and work. i've still got to get to first cow.

-Vader
I know that feeling... :| but yeah Babyteeth is really good and the performances are terrific across the board in it.