Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
3:10 To Yuma

I did like it. But can't help feel like some it could've been better.

Big Fish & Begonia (2016)
Chinese animated fantasy movie like Japan's Studio Ghibli's movies.

While the narrative outside of the main character's wasn't very strong, the animation and score was great, and it was above average overall I think.

Le Daim

Proxima - good, but I didn’t love it. Really cool to experience astronaut training from not only female, but also such an intimate perspective, and the mother-daughter bond is one of the highlights of the film, but some of its other themes I found to be really heavy handed. Green gives a possibly career best performance

"Enemy"

One of the few Denis Villeneuve films I haven't seen before. Gyllenhaal is great like usually, which makes the film worth it, but I really don't get all the imagery about the spiders that kept popping up.

Ruth wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 10:26 am
Le Daim
but ya gotta admit it had killer style

radewart wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 10:34 am
"Enemy"

One of the few Denis Villeneuve films I haven't seen before. Gyllenhaal is great like usually, which makes the film worth it, but I really don't get all the imagery about the spiders that kept popping up.
Apparently
the spiders represented women and the leads' fear of them or something I didn't get it at first either lol also it's been years since I saw it
Ruth wrote:
Proxima - good, but I didn’t love it. Really cool to experience astronaut training from not only female, but also such an intimate perspective, and the mother-daughter bond is one of the highlights of the film, but some of its other themes I found to be really heavy handed. Green gives a possibly career best performance
Aye ye mate, from whence came ye Proxima torrent?

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 10:51 am
Ruth wrote:
Le Daim
but ya gotta admit it had killer style
it was def no ordinary jacket.

@nomis, not a torrent, i had a private link given by a film fest
it’s password protected and was up for a few hours only, i would have given it to you had i known you wanted to see it

omg :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nomis wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 12:55 pm
omg :cry: :cry: :cry:
they’re renting it for 6€ too, which is not bad at all, but i’m not sure if you’d be able to see it from the netherlands, or if it’s geoblocked

hm I'll check it out, otherwise I'll wait

how was my girl Eva in it tho