Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Havoc1st wrote:
February 1st, 2018, 7:41 am
The Crow- 9.5/10

Wow. I don't know why i like this movie so much. It just does things to me that i can't explain.
I know what you mean. The Crow is a mesmerizing, bizarre and romantic revenge story.

Jumanji (2017)
This was really fun. Like, this is like National Treasure kind of fun yo. The throwbacks are really good and tasteful. The gameplay features were excellent. I need more Jack Black in my life :thumbup:

Coco

God damn I was in full blown tears the last 15 mins. Great great film that I wasnt expecting to hit me.

Wes Anderson Hype - Road to March 23rd

Rushmore
Wes at the top of his game here. Love Murray so much here. Lots of great moments, one of my favorite of Anderson's films (granted almost every of his films is "one of my favorites").

time flies when you're watching gone girl

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider

Honestly I watched this for Daniel Craig and I just feel dumber for it.

Cilogy wrote:
February 15th, 2018, 7:09 pm
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider

Honestly I watched this for Daniel Craig and I just feel dumber for it.
You'd love Cowboys & Aliens.

I didn't.

Nor should anyone.

Punch-Drunk Love

Been a while but damn I think this movie will stand the test of time. It shows that a comedian can still do his thing, be funny AND be so much more within the same piece. It's like Lynch meets Allen to me, which fascinates me. I'm pretty sure PTA can do just about anything and deliver. He's such a flexible filmmaker. While rewatching this and Phantom Thread I realize just how underrated Paul is as a writer.

He's got 4 Oscar nod just for his scripts and 4 WGA nominations. For someone with only 8 live action feature films in his career, he's not that underrated.£