Last Film You Watched? VI

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Finally watched this. Very good

So I saw Bajirao Mastani and I'm sorta convinced Sanjay Leela Bhansali is the best director in India.

It fails to truly transcend typical Bollywood corniness, and like a lot of higher-profile Indian flicks it insists on not taking a breather and lingering on things in the story, but by Indian film industry standards, it's a splendor to behold. The guy has a fantastic eye for filling the frame with immense detail. Like, if anyone should be implementing IMAX cameras into their work over there, it should be SLB.

Though, I maintain Guzaarish is his masterwork, probably my favorite Indian flick ever. I highly recommend that to everyone.

moonlight more like moonlit

The New World. I'm a huge Malick fan, but this film never fully clicked with me until today. Seriously one of the very best epic romances cinema has to offer.

Nine Lives (2016)

Arguably the worst piece of shit with two genius actors since Righteous Kill.£

Master Virgo wrote:Nine Lives (2016)

a barry sonnenfeld film then

The Addams Family (1991) and Addams Family Values (1993). I really enjoyed both of these. Christina Ricci, Raúl Juliá and Anjelica Huston really steal the show in the first one and I also like Joan Cusack in the second one. Most of it comes down to the funny dialogue, the acting performances, atmosphere, etc. The plots are the weakness here but I don't mind that much. Obviously, having the plots revolve around Uncle Fester's money is weak but the character interactions are great, especially Wednesday Addams' summer camp experience in the second one (which has a relevant message regarding the lies surrounding Thanksgiving and the hypocrisy and arrogance of mainstream American society that preaches tolerance but is pretty unforgiving of non-conformity). Great fun to watch at any given time of the year.

The Accused (1988) was a well-acted, well-directed, well-written film dealing with rape and the societal attitudes towards the victims and the crime in general. Most importantly, it shows how easily they are dismissed and how easy certain kinds of behaviour are rationalized and, ultimately, how difficult it is for victims to convince other people that they have been assaulted. Jodie Foster and Kelly McGillis are excellent in this as they play nuanced female characters in this.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:Nine Lives (2016)

a barry sonnenfeld film then
I really enjoy the original MIB. It's no masterpiece, but it's great fun and it achieves what it set out to do. Everything else I've seen from him, including the MIB sequels, is pretty much shit.

Batman vs. Superman

One of the biggest cluster fuck I've ever seen... I didn't really hate watching it, I had quite a few laughs at parts because of how stupid some things were (MARTHA!) but my god is it an incoherent mess. Synder should really fuck off for all eternity

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Risky Business. Really funny movie and deserving of it's good reputation. Cruise killed it.