Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The cinematic equivalent of being stuck in a cupboard under the stairs.

^that... Doesn't sound very encouraging.

What are the chances Rowling will step down as the writer for the next instalment(s)... Wouldn't you say that's next to non existing.
I also figure Yates will stay on, even though I would love it if Cuarón would return to this franchise.

I don't know when I'm able to see this. How's the cinematography this time? The costumes look fantastic so far, I hope Atwood stays on for the next sequels.

Rousselot, Yates et al phone it in. Again.

Craig, JNH, Depp and Law do good work. Atwood too I guess. The rest is complete crap.

I was with this for 2/3rds of the movie. I was willing to forgive its flaws (like how I forgave FB1's). But the 3rd act was just absolutely horrible. The final final reveal especially was so bad that it tainted all the goodwill the Wizarding World has built up for years. It's a textbook definition of a jump the shark moment. The franchise will forever suffer from it.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
November 17th, 2018, 6:10 pm
Rousselot, Yates et al phone it in. Again.

Craig, JNH, Depp and Law do good work. Atwood too I guess. The rest is complete crap.
Ah fuck

Good to hear that about Craig, JNH, Depp and Law though.

B+ from cinemascore, compared to A for the first one.£

I need to see this again to make a complete decision on it, review-wise.

I do agree with others who have said they tried to accomplish too much in this and had too many characters, especially for folks like me who never read the HP series.

On the positive side: loved the soundtrack and many of the performances, especially Depp's. I love the Niffler and his babies, though, as usual, we didn't get enough of them. And I loved the part the Niffler played at the end, especially afterward
when Dubbledore offered him tea and Newt said he would take milk instead.
:lol:

Depp is a curse/poison. I think Dumbo is going to be Burton’s best in over a decade thanks to no Depp.

Allstar wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 1:29 am
Depp is a curse/poison. I think Dumbo is going to be Burton’s best in over a decade thanks to no Depp.
morality aside, Depp's one of the better reviewed aspects of the movie so..

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 1:30 am
Allstar wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 1:29 am
morality aside, Depp's one of the better reviewed aspects of the movie so..

-Vader
I wasn’t really saying he wasn’t. I’m just saying his presence in anything these days just seems like a curse on that movie being poorly reviewed and a financial flop for the most part. I mean it seems this will make enough money but less than the first.